Chapter Twenty - Final Chapter

Matt and Lorelei's wedding bands <3 In the story, they have an inscription on each of them that says "More"

Also, the dress that Lorelei wore!

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

Two weeks later, Matt headed into town with his family in tow. Lorelei and he had decided not to do a ceremony, but to go down to city hall and get their wedding certificate. Her mother and father were going to have a cookout at their house after to celebrate.

Although they weren't having a formal ceremony, Megan had forced Lorelei to go out and try on some dresses. She had ended up with a beautiful white dress that she had gotten from a thrift store. It had lace up top and a flowing bottom that came to her knees. Bird and Rain had come over to give her a makeover as they so desired and did her hair. It was curled and pinned up.

"This is really too much guys," Lorelei insisted. "We aren't having a ceremony. Why do I have to dress up?"

"Because it's your wedding day!" Megan exclaimed. "No matter the size of the ceremony, the bride needs to be the one that looks the best."

"Do you think Matt will like it? Don't you think he's going to think it's too much?"

"No, my brother is going to go all goo-goo-gaga when he sees you," Bird told her, making Rain giggle.

"And you'll have us to thank for that," Rain said.

"Alright, well it's about time to head down there. Let's go."

The four females got into the small truck they had and drove down to the city hall. James was waiting outside on the steps for his daughter. Megan, Bird and Rain snuck inside to find their spot in the small room.

"Are you ready my beautiful girl?" James asked his daughter.

"Yes daddy, I've never been more ready," she answered.

He held his elbow out and she took it. Together they walked inside to the small room where it was all going to happen. When the door opened, everybody turned to see the bride. Matt's eyes grew wide as his beautiful fiancée entered the room. She was stunning all the time, but today, she was mesmerizing. He couldn't take his eyes off of her.

James kissed his daughter on the head and she smiled at him, walking off to stand with Matt. He himself pressed a kiss to her forehead before letting the process begin.

Twenty minutes later, they were exiting the city hall as a married couple. They all went over to the Hawes' household to celebrate the union. Music was playing as James cooked up some steaks. Everybody sat around talking, nursing their favorite drinks. For the Browns that was juice, water, or soda. They didn't drink, especially after what had happened with Matt at the bonfire just months before.

"Before I forget, I got us some wedding bands," Matt said, disappearing into the house for a minute.

He came outside and sat down next to Lorelei.

"Hold out your hand," he instructed.

She held her hand out and he slipped the beautiful silver band onto her finger. It had jewels in the middle and beside the jewels there was an inscription.

"More," she read it out loud.

Tears sprang to her eyes. It was perfect.

"Thank you. I love you so much," she said, kissing him gently.

"More," he breathed and showed her his own ring. They were matching except his didn't have the jewels.

"Matthew Jeremiah Brown, you are the most perfect man I could ever ask for," she told him.

He let out his infamous laugh and kissed her forehead. "No, you are the most perfect woman I could ever ask you. You're my bush baby."

"Yes, I'm your bush baby."

~COPYRIGHT 2016~