Chapter Eighteen

Another picture of Matty boy just because I love him so much <3

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

Lorelei awoke to an empty bed the next morning. She sat up and looked around. Matt was nowhere to be seen. She hopped out of bed and got into some regular clothes before heading out to the fire where there was no doubt that breakfast was going to be cooking.

When she came into view, everybody looked up at her. They all had smiles on their faces. Ami was looking around, clearly searching for something.

"Good morning Princess!" Matt said, coming up from behind her and wrapping his arms around her. He kissed her cheek and set his chin on her shoulder.

"They know, don't they?" she asked her fiancée.

He smiled. "Yeah, they've known for two days," he laughed.

"So? Show us the ring!" Rainey urged.

She giggled and held out her hand, showing them all the ring that Matt had made her.

"Dude, you made her a ring? Cheap!" Bam called him out.

"Hey! I think it's romantic," Lorelei defended him and turned around to pat Matt's cheek. "Don't you worry, hon. I love it."

She pecked his lips and then went to sit down for breakfast. Bear sat down next to her with a humungous smile on his face.

"It is going to be extremely awesome having you around all the time," he said.

"And it'll be 'extremely awesome' being around here all the time," she answered back, using his common vocabulary. "You guys are my second family. I love spending time with you."

"You two should go into town today and tell your mother and father," Ami suggested.

"I think we will stick around here today and then go tomorrow when I'm supposed to go back. I know you all have a lot of work to do and I would love to help."

"Matt, you found a spectacular girl," Billy commented.

Lorelei blushed. He put his arm around her waist.

"I know I did, Da. I wouldn't change it for the world," Matt replied, kissing Lorelei on the head.

"Eeeee! This is so exciting!" Rainey squealed. "You're going to be around all the time now! You can help me craft and I can do your hair and makeup all the time!"

Lorelei's eyes grew wide. Oh god, she thought to herself. She had barely made it through the makeover they had subjected her to yesterday. Wait, did she say makeover? She meant torture session.

"Oh yeah, that'll be great..." she fake laughed and turned to Matt, her eyes wide.

He chuckled. "Don't worry, they'll tire of you eventually."

She gasped and pushed him lightly. "Are you saying you're going to get tired of me that quickly too?"

"No, I could never get tired of you," he said and then moved his mouth close to her ear. "Especially with all the 'cuddling' that married couples do."

She shivered and he smirked. He loved knowing that he could get to her like that. Then she gave it back to him, shocking him.

"Not just married couples do that," she whispered in his ear, nipping at it before pulling away and getting up.

"Come on Bear, let's go climb some trees!" she exclaimed.

"DUDE SHE'S AWESOME!" Bear yelled at Matt and then took off running with Rory.

"One of these days, I'm going to count how many times he says awesome in a 24 hour period," Bam said, shaking his head. (Bam really said this in one of the episodes)

"Or extreme," Gabe laughed with his brother.

"Matthew, I'm glad you finally found a proper girl," Ami said, sitting down next to her son. "I can't wait for the two of you to get married so I can have some grandbabies."

"Whoa, whoa, mom. Slow down," he laughed. "I'm still a kid myself. Who knows when we will be having children. It might be years from now."

"With that little interaction I just saw, I can bet she'll be pregnant by next month," she said, winking.

He blushed. "Mom!"

"What? I'm just saying! The chemistry you have between the two of you is undeniable."

"Alright, I'm done," he said, getting up. "Good conversation, mom."

"Okay, okay, I love you Matthew."

"More!" he called behind him as he took off to his tire house to clean it up and work on the new outdoor living room.

An hour later, Lorelei came trudging back to Matt's house. She had mud covering her pants and there were sticks in her hair. Matt was outside working on a small "couch" that was made out of leftover wood they had laying around.

"Ooo, a couch? And small enough that I have to sit on your lap," she giggled.

"I like it. You like it?" he asked. (Another actual line from the show) "Shall we test it out?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

She nodded. He sat down and sure enough, there was only room enough for someone as small as Rain to sit next to him. Lorelei plopped down on his lap and smiled at him. He smiled back, showing all his teeth. She placed her hands on both his cheeks.

"You are the most handsome man I have ever met," she told him.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on," he breathed, moving his face closer to hers.

"More," she whispered before the space between their lips closed. They shared a passionate kiss, sitting in their new bush living room.

"Keeping busy over here?" a voice came.

Matt groaned and pulled away from Rory.

"What is it with you and always coming at the worst possible moments?" he asked his younger brother, Bam, who was standing there smirking.

"I just like irritating you. You should know that by now."

"Bam, if you don't turn around and walk the way you came, I am going to come over there and kick your butt," Rory threatened.

"Your wish is my command...Princess."

"That's it!" she yelled and got up, running after Bam who took off in a sprint.

Matt sat there laughing, watching his beautiful fiancée run after her brother. She fit in perfect here. They were truly the perfect match.

~COPYRIGHT 2016~