Chapter Nineteen

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

Matt and Lorelei pulled into the dock in Hoonah on the skiff the next day. They would be telling Lorelei's parents that Matt had proposed. Last night they had spoken about Lorelei moving in with him as well. Ami was all for it of course. She wanted her grandbabies as soon as possible.

"Before we go to my house, can we look around town?" Lorelei asked.

"Yeah sure," Matt replied, lacing his fingers in between hers.

They walked the small town, looking in each of the shops. They arrived at one that had jewelry. Matt was selling some of his pieces here.

"Oh my gosh, I want one of these on a necklace!" Lorelei exclaimed, pointing at the small metal bird made by Matt.

"I'll make anything for you, Princess," he said.

"These are selling pretty well," the store clerk told Matt.

"Good, I'm glad."

"Aww, look at my fiancé being all crafty!" Rory cooed, pinching Matt's cheeks. He slapped her hands off of his face, making her laugh. "Come on, let's get home."

Rory walked out of the door and Matt stayed back for a second.

"Those two bands right there, save those. Size 7 for the female one and size 11 for the male one," he told the clerk. "I'll be back."

She winked and grabbed the bands from the case, putting them in back.

"Geez, what took you so long?" Rory joked. "You were talking up a storm with her."

"Oh, we were just talking about my crafts and how well they were doing," he lied smoothly.

"I love that I have a multi-talented fiancé," she said, leaning up to peck him on the lips.

"And I love that I have a fiancée who loves me for me," he said. "Now come on, let's go tell your parents!"

They walked through town and down the road towards Lorelei's house. They entered the house, heading straight to the living room where they were sure her parents would be. Her father was relaxing on his recliner.

"Hey baby girl!" James greeted, smiling at her. "How was your trip?"

"It was great," she smiled, looking up at Matt who smiled back at her.

"And Matt, how have you been, son?" James asked him.

"I've been fantastic Mr. James."

James shook his head. "You're practically my son in law, you can call me James," he said.

"Yes sir," Matt replied.

"Actually Daddy, Matt is closer to being your son in law then you think..." Lorelei trailed off.

James looked confused for a second and then it hit him. His baby girl was getting married.

"You're...you two..." he stuttered.

Lorelei held out her hand and wiggled the finger at him. He leaped up and wrapped his baby girl up into his arms, laughing. He grabbed Matt and pulled him into the hug. Matt was taken aback, his eyes wide. Then he began laughing.

"I'm so happy for the two of you!" he exclaimed. "I couldn't ask for someone better to be married to my daughter."

"Thank you sir. I love her," Matt said.

"More," Lorelei smiled.

"Oh god, you're starting to talk like them?" James groaned.

"Dad!" Lorelei laughed. Matt chuckled. It was true; she was picking up their language.

"You have to tell your mother," he said.

"Yeah, where is she?" his daughter wondered, looking around.

"She ran to the Misty Bay Café to pick up a pizza we ordered. Matt, you are more than welcome to stay and eat lunch with us."

"Thank you," Matt thanked him.

They sat down on the couch and waited for Megan to arrive with the pizza. About 20 minutes later, she came walking in the front door.

"I'm home honey!" she called into the living room and then caught sight of the couple on the couch.

"Oh, baby, I didn't expect you home so soon!" she exclaimed, coming over to give her daughter a hug.

"Well Matt and I figured we would visit with you two for a while," Lorelei said.

"Well come in the kitchen and get some pizza!"

They all went into the kitchen to get some pizza. Lorelei was trying to flash her ring at her mom without making it obvious, but it wasn't working. Matt was chuckling, watching her failed attempts. Finally she had enough.

"Hey mom, do you like my new ring?" Lorelei asked, holding out her left hand.

James and Matt held their breath, waiting for the reaction.

"Oh, honey, it's beautiful!" Megan cooed. "Where did you get it?"

"I got it from Matt," she said.

Megan paused and then looked at both her hands, realizing it was her ring finger on her left hand she was wearing it on.

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?" Megan squealed.

Lorelei laughed, nodding her head. Megan gathered her up in her arms and squeezed the life out of her.

"I'm going to have grandbabies!" she screamed.

"UGH MOM!" Lorelei complained, getting out of her embrace.

"I swear, you and my mother are the same person," Matt commented.

Megan sat down next to him on the couch and put a hand on his shoulder. "Honey, your mother and I knew you two were going to get married from the time Lorelei was born. You worshipped her when she was small," she said. "We're just surprised it took this long for the two of you to realize your feelings for one another. We were hoping we'd have at least two or three grandchildren running around by now."

"Oh god, this is so embarrassing," Lorelei said, covering her face.

"No it's not. Think about it, babe. We were destined to be together our whole lives," Matt said. "I was destined to love you."

"Aww!" Megan squeaked. "I love you two so much."

"More," both Matt and Lorelei said together before hugging Megan.

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

Next chapter is the last chapter of this book. Book Two will be leading it.