Chapter Nine

Matty boy <3

~COPYRIGHT 2015~

When they got back to the camp, Bird and Rain pulled Rory away to show her what they had been up to since she had been gone. They came upon a new building with fence surrounding one side. Rory could hear clucking and laughed.

"You guys made a chicken coop?" she asked.

"Yeah! Now my babies will be safe from the bears!" Bird exclaimed.

"You did an awesome job," she complimented.

"Thanks," Rainy replied. "They seem to like it so far."

"But this isn't all we did," Bird told her. "Let's go to the house."

They traveled back to the house and the girls led Rory inside. They stood in front of the sink.

"Wait until you see this one," Bird smirked and flipped the sink on. The water ran through.

"Running water? That's amazing!"

"Thanks, I did most of the tubing," a voice came from behind them.

They turned around to face Noah.

"You did great Noah. I bet your mom is happy," Rory said.

"Oh she is. Also because dad put in her kitchen counters," he said.

Rory looked around. "Oh yeah! I thought maybe something else looked different! You guys are truly amazing to me."

"Aww group hug!" Rainy exclaimed.

"I don't hug!" Noah said and walked out of the house.

"NOAH WAIT!" Rory called after him, chasing him. She threw her arms around him in a hug. He batted at her hands. She giggled. "Success!"

"Did I just see you hug Noah?" Gabe asked from across the yard.

"Yes you did!" she cheered.

"Hey, that didn't count! I didn't hug back!" Noah defended himself.

"It's time you admit defeat, man," Gabe said.

Noah sighed, his shoulders slumping forward. "You win," he mumbled and walked over to his tent.

"SUCCESS!" Rory screamed for all to hear. Gabe, Rain and Bird laughed.

"Rory, will you quiet down?" Matt came into view. "I'm trying to get some work done."

She frowned. She hadn't spoken to him since the kiss they had shared on the boat and he'd been keeping his distance. They had agreed not to be rude to one another anymore, but clearly he wasn't keeping his promise. He usually never had a problem with noise. In fact, he was the noisiest person in the Brown family.

"Somebody's in a bad mood," Gabe called him out on it.

Matt ignored his brother and walked back to where he was working before.

"Did something happen between you two?" Gabe wondered.

Rory excused herself from Bird and Rainy and told Gabe to take a walk with her.

"What's wrong Ror?" he asked.

"I'm surprised your brother Bam hasn't told you yet," she faked a laugh.

"Told me what?"

"I was really emotional on the boat after we finally got some help and Matt was comforting me. Next thing I knew, he was kissing me...and I was kissing him back!"

"WHAT?" he yelled.

She slapped a hand over his mouth. "Shhh!" she reprimanded.

He pushed her hand off of his mouth. "Sorry, but what did you just say?"

"Matt and I may have kissed..."

"Well it's about freaking time!"

She whacked him on the shoulder, making him laugh.

"The thing is, he hasn't spoken to me since. And on the boat we agreed to never fight because we don't know when our last moments will be together, but now all he's doing is being rude to me. I know for a fact that noise doesn't bother him," she pointed out.

"You're right. Nothing really bothers him. I don't know what his issue is," he agreed.

"Um hello? ME!"

"Maybe you should go talk to him."

"Are you kidding me? I can't talk to him after that! Especially not when he doesn't want to talk to me."

"Then I don't know what to tell you there, Princess."

"You know, you and Matt are the only two I let get away with calling me that."

"That's cause we're best friends!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around her and giving her a tight hug.

She squeezed him back, loving the calm that came over her when they hugged. Gabey truly was a great friend.

When she looked up from his shoulder, she saw him. There was Matt, standing in the path, staring at them. Her eyes grew wide and she pushed herself away from Gabe. She kept eye contact with Matt and Gabe turned around, wondering what she was looking at. Matt shook his head and walked off.

"Shit," Rory whispered.

"Watch the language, Princess," Gabe warned.

"Sorry...should I go after him?"

"I'd let him cool off for a bit. You know how protective he gets of you."

"Yeah, but after everything that happened on the boat and this and..."

"Just give him some time," he insisted.

"Okay," she sighed, defeated.

Gabe patted her on the shoulder and walked back to camp with her. This was a tough one, but Matt and Rory were going to end up together. They just had to.

~COPYRIGHT 2015~