Chapter Three

Boop. This will be the fourth day that I've updated one thing per day. I feel pretty damn good about it, too. This is kind of a filler, but I felt that it was necessary with this story, so you can get to know the relationship between the lads and figure Harry out a little more. Sorry if that made no sense - it's five minutes to midnight and I'm super tired. Vote and comment x

Harry hated hospitals. Ever since Zayn’s real parents – his aunt and uncle – had died when he was a kid, hospitals had seemed like such a scary place. Death was stuck deep down into his mind every time he even passed the place, let alone went inside.

But, his visit this time wasn’t so bad. He didn’t know why he had agreed for Louis to take him there at first, but now that he had, he was actually happy. As said, they kept him overnight to make sure he didn’t have any internal bleeding. They ended up making him stay another night just because they weren’t really sure of the extent of his injuries. That was the part that really made him annoyed.

Louis seemed to make everything better. After going home the first night, he left Harry with the happiest feeling in his chest. He hadn’t felt this happy – genuinely happy – in a while. It only got better when Louis actually showed up again the next day. Sure, he was with Zayn, but while his cousin was giving him stupid lectures about what he should and shouldn’t do, his eyes had been stationed on the funny faces that Louis was making behind his back. He couldn’t help but giggle now and then. Louis had stayed for a few hours that day before kissing his cheek once more and then leaving.

A small, really part of him deep-down wanted more of those kisses. He didn’t know why, but they made him blush every time. He absolutely loved them.

It was kind of disappointing when he had to go home. He doubted that Louis would ever give him a second thought. Sure, he had comforted him and made him laugh while he was in the hospital, but that was because he just felt bad for his best mate’s little gay cousin. Things would just go back to normal once he returned to school.

His mum, Gemma, and Zayn had been the ones to drive him home, and because both members of his immediate family would have to leave for work as soon as they got home, Zayn offered to stay with him for a while. Normally, Harry wouldn’t have a problem with that, but he knew what his cousin was up to.

As soon as everyone was gone and he and Zayn were lying on the couch and playing FIFA, he knew it was the right time to ask. “What time are you leaving for the party?”

There was almost always a party that Zayn had to leave for. If it wasn’t a party, it was something along the lines of one, but whatever it was, it was something Zayn’s adoptive parents wouldn’t have approved of. Zayn shrugged and focused on moving his player across the field. “Five.”

Harry checked the time. It was four.

“Might as well leave now.” He mumbled, hoping that Zayn wouldn’t hear the bitterness in his voice. Of course he did anyway. There was nothing new there.

“Harry,” Zayn sighed, pausing the game to give him another of his famous lectures, no doubt. “You know that I want to spend time with you. It’s why I’m over here all the time. I want you to be protected and happy and have someone to be able to talk to.”

Harry pursed his lips and crossed his legs on top of the little table in front of him. “Oh. Just because you’re the only person who will even talk to me, you think I’m reliant on you.”

Zayn started to say something else, but his phone started vibrating instead, causing him to curse. He looked at the text and answered it quickly, placing his phone back in his pock. His brown eyes landed on Harry once again, making him bite his lip. “Look, I don’t have to go to this party. If you want me to stay home with you, I will.”