Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ariana's Viewpoint

I furrowed my brows as I observed the snapback. It was splattered with signatures that seemed familiar. They were soccer signatures. I knew since my father was a huge sports fanatic and would always watch soccer matches every Sunday or so, while I tagged along. He wouldn't just watch Florida soccer teams play against others. He'd enjoy watching soccer from all places. So the signatures hit me and made my heart ache a little.

Maybe a customer had accidently left the snapback hat? I mean, people usually leave all kinds off random stuff here. All from purses, to jackets, to jewelery, to money, and even once someone left some condoms. That was an interesting day. Deciding were to put it, I had no other choice where to put it than to take it home. Because, the lockers were now locked and Perrie was the only one who had the key. I'd bring it back tomorrow to see if anybody claimed it. I neatly shoved it into my bag and switched the lights off. Once I get home, i'd go straight to bed; not bothering to attend my step dad's party tonight.

- next day -

"How was work yesterday, Ariana? Any tips or stuff?" Perrie asked over the phone. I was laying on my bed, my hair sprawled out on the duvet. I was debating on wheter or not to tell Perrie that I had met her favorite band yesterday at the shop. Maybe I shouldn't? Because If I do, she's going to nag at me since I didn't get a signature. Or a picture. Or, by me knowing her, a strand of hair from all of them.

"Um, well, meet me at uh..." I trailed off as I began to think. I didn't want to go somewhere where to many people were since I knew she'd have a freak down, which would disturb. Yet I didn't want somewhere where we were alone because I wanted someone to witness the killing of 'Ariana'. So thinking for a few seconds, I finally said,"....meet me by the pond in half an hour."

"Okay? Is everything alright?" Perrie asked with a tint of concern. I nodded, still knowing she could not see me. "Yeah, everything's fine. Just some girl talk."

"Ok! Meet you in thirty minutes!" Perrie announced as she hung up. Groaning as I got up, I wandered over to my closet to find an outfit. Once I chose what I was going to wear, I hurried to take a quick shower. After showering, I changed into the purple top and shorts I had chosen. Then, I applied some makeup before grabbing my phone and walking down the stairs. I was greeted by my little brother eating and watching telivision at the same time. My mom was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast.

"Good morning!" She chirped, as my mom took a sip from her cup of coffee. "Want to eat some breakfast, darling? I made waffles!"

"Well I would, but I have to meet Perrie in about ten minutes. So.." I replied trailing off at the end.

"C'mon, one won't hurt you. Besides, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!"

"Well, I guess you're right...." I sat on the barstool as my mom plopped a pancake onto the plate infront of me. It was coated with a pad of butter and maple syrup. Immediately, I dug in. The sweetness spreading all over my mouth was washed away with a cup of milk. Taking a last gulp of milk, I finished the remaining of the pancake and walked over to the sink.

Once I placed my plate, cup, and silverware into the sink I turned to face my mom. "Thanks for the dinner mo.... What happened to your jaw?!"

My eyes intently stared at her jaw which held a purple-like bruise. Had she gotten hurt and not told me?

"Oh this?" My mom pointed to the bruise laughing, rather oddly. "I was opening the top freezer when i hit my jaw! It hurt so bad, but I'm better now. It just left a bad bruising. As you can tell, your moms a klutz." Her laugh told another story. It's as if she didn't want to tell me something. As if, it were a secret.