11. "That's what love does to you"

As promised, chapter 11 is here!

I have to thank all of you that are supporting my story! I really appreciate it! THANKS! :)

don't forget to comment! and VOTE! :)

CHAPTER 11 - "That's what love does to you"

“He got so mad that he left without saying a word” Megan explained. “He was so disgusted with me, and I couldn’t blame him. It was exactly what I had wanted”.

“Well, you did what you thought it was best for him” Emma said trying to make her feel better with herself.

“Yeah, but it was so hard to pretend that kissing him and sleeping with Marty the same day was nothing important. I didn’t like him looking at me like I was some kind of… slut!” she said crying.

“But you were not. You are not. It was your way of pushing him away from you” the doctor said. “From my point of view, you did right”

“No I didn’t” Megan replied. “Otherwise, I wouldn’t be in this position”

“Well, it’s not easy to control everything in our lives. Some things just… happen. You can’t do anything to control them”

“I guess you are right” Megan said wiping her tears with her hand.

Emma smiled.

“And you didn’t break up with Marty, did you?”

“No, I did not”

Megan kept going to the Sunday lunches, sometimes with Marty, others not, but if he didn’t go, she would not stop talking about him.

Ryan went to all of them, but he would not participate in the conversations too much. He would talk or his parents would notice, but it was not like it used to be. His answers were not funny and ironic, they were just answers. The kind of answer that usually ends a topic, so nothing else can be said.

Everyone thought that he was just in some kind of phase, but only Megan new the truth, and she felt so guilty about it. She just had wanted to push him away. She didn’t want him to be like that with the rest of the people.

After a month, a Sunday in April, Megan was with Marty at her parent’s house. She hadn’t seen him when she got there and she was starting to wonder if he would come. He had never missed one, but there’s a first time for everything.

“Honey, did you bring the dress you wanted me to fix you?” her mother asked her then.

“Yeah, I did. But I left it in the car. I’ll just go get it in a second” Megan said and went to get the car keys.

She opened the front door when she saw something she hadn’t expected to see.

Ryan. Making out with another girl. A beautiful blond girl with the body of a model and dressed with tight clothes.

She didn’t want to feel betrayed, mad, angry. She didn’t. But she couldn’t help it. Her feelings hadn’t change even a bit.

They were at the door embraced. His hands were on her back. Hers on his neck. She could see that it was not a little kiss. His tongue was inside her mouth. Hers in his.

STOP!

She had to stop looking.

So she coughed and waited for them to pull away.