3. "Not a kid anymore"

Hey guys! Here's chapter three! I hope you like it!

I would love to hear what you think of the story! Even if it's bad! I really want to improve my writing!

VOTE!! :D

Megan was deeply asleep when her phone rang. It was way too early, only eight o’clock. She had never been an early-raiser, and since she was able to work from home, the earliest she would get up was nine thirty.

She liked sleeping. She hated early phone calls. Not that weird.

“Hello…” she said half asleep not looking to see who the caller was.

It better not be someone from a phone company or someone trying to sell her stupid useless stuff because she was definitely not in the mood.

“Megan…” the caller said.

Megan suddenly sat up. She knew that voice too well.

“Ryan” was her only response.

“Hey, Megan. I was just calling because… I’m sorry I’m calling this early, but I just couldn’t sleep… and I’ve been thinking so much about you… and you haven’t called me since… and your mother told me you were sick… I was worried” Ryan said without stopping to breathe.

“Ryan, stop” she interrupted him. “I can’t talk right now… I’m… I’m not prepared”

“At least tell me you are okay. What did the doctor say?” he said sounding really worried.

“I’m okay, Ryan. Everything is…” she took a breath before ending the sentence. “Good”

She was not ready to tell him yet.

She stood up and went to the kitchen still with the phone in her hand.

“I’m glad” Ryan said on the other end.

Silence.

Megan went to the cupboard to get a glass. Her throat was dry. She needed water.

“Megan… Why are you avoiding me? I thought that what happened between us was great… I know that it was when we both were pretty drunk… but it happened for a reason” Ryan said sadly.

“I can’t Ryan! There are a lot of things to consider”

“There are not! We can go slow… See what happens…” he replied. “It’s not like we are gonna get married and have children tomorrow”

Megan started to cry silently.

“I’m sorry”

And then, she hung up.

*****

Twelve o’clock. Emma’s living room.

Megan was sitting in the couch with her hands covering her face.

“And what did he say?” Emma asked when told about the morning call.

“He knew I went to the hospital because I was not feeling well... I guess my mother told him. Well, he wanted to know if I was okay”

“Is that all?” Emma asked interested.

“He also wanted to know why I was avoiding him. But I got really nervous and started crying and I just hung up”

“That’s okay. You just weren’t ready. We’ll work on that” she told Megan with a big smile. “But you do have to keep in mind that he cares for you. Or so it seems.”