Hey mr. prick ~10~

Rose’s P.O.V.                    

I was sitting in my room, thinking of our date. I wanted to talk to Xavier about what Melissa had said yesterday. Did he really do that? Does he think that I’m a toy to play with and just toss aside whenever he wants? I really needed to talk to him about that.

I heard my phone ring, give me everything tonight was playing. I sighed and checked the caller ID, it was Jess. Typical Jess, I knew she wanted to know about what had happened on my date last night with Xavier.

“Hey.” I greeted.

“Oh my gosh, Rose! I need details. Beginning. Middle. End. Go!” She blabbered and I cracked a smile.

“Uh everything went well. We got to know each other and stuff … So it was good.” I said sitting on my bed.

“Just good? So nothing exciting?” She asked.

“Well it actually started off pretty good and then he started inflating his own ego, again and to top that off Melissa decided to make her unwanted presence known and stopped by for a little visit." I told Jess about Melissa the day after the photo shoot and I could tell that Jess pretty much wanted to tear her eyes out as much as I did.

“Wow. It sounds like you went to dinner in the Fun house at some carnival rather than a five star restaurant.” Jess joked and I smiled. I hesitated a little wondering if I should tell her about what Melissa had said to me as we were leaving. I sighed, I never kept anything from her so why start now?

“Yah, but the one thing that got to me the most was what she said.” I said

“What did she say?” she asked

“She told me, and I quote 'Rose why don't you ask your fiancé what he and I did last week?' I think it's safe to assume that he slept with her...? Well at least that's what she wants me to think. I just, I don't even know what to think Jess. One minute he's hot, the next he's ice cold and the rest of the time he's some conceited, egotistical jerk!" The line went silent and I knew that what was coming was not good.

“Well, he was, maybe still is, known as a ladies’ man Rose, but I don't know. I really think that you should ask him yourself.”

It's just; everything is so messed up right now...  And then there's still Melissa who I don't even want to have to deal with on top of this stupid wedding and... Argh!” I face planted into my bed letting out an aggravated sigh. "I just can't deal with all this Jess. I don't want to deal with all this. My life officially sucks." I mumbled into the phone.

Jess chuckled. "You'll figure it out Rose."

"Yeah." I rolled over and sighed. "I hope so. Any who, you coming over?" I was in desperate need of a distraction from my life right now.

"Actually, I really hate to do this to you right now, but..." Great. There goes my distraction. "I have a date with Skylar! He asked me out isn't that amazing?!" She squealed and I laughed holding the phone away from ear in an attempt to save my poor ears.

"That's great Jess. I know you'll have a great time." I smiled halfheartedly but at least tried to put more cheer into my voice. I didn't want to ruin her night by being the sad friend.

"I know right! I really want it to go well. I mean he is just sooooo hot.” She sang and I could see her spinning around her room right now, not even dressed yet. I rolled my eyes when I heard something fall over and her curse softly. Jess can be such a kid sometimes.

"Okay. Try not to cripple, or kill yourself before he even shows up." I laughed. "And you should probably get dressed, because knowing you...."

"Oh my gosh yes! What am I going to wear?! Got to go Rose. Love you! Bye!"