9

Archer looks at one if the men with strong emotion. Archer makes me sit in his chair and he puts his hand on my shoulder. He waits for everyone to enter his office and the door to shut. "I know I messed up. I wasn't thinking but I-"

"Nothing can make up for what you did. You ruined the family name!"

"She saved me! I owed her everything I didn't actually think it would work!" Archer shouts back. He drops his hand from my shoulder.

"What about Wren? Did he owe you anything?" The man asks. This flies all over me. I stand up sending Archers chair back and slam my hands on his desk.

"You know nothing about Wren and you know nothing about about Alpha Archer!" I shout. The man laughs.

"Archer is my son." He says lowly. I know the shock is clear on my face because he smiles.

"What about Wren?" I challenge. Everyone hears it loud and clear but they don't say anything.

"His father was a dear friend. You done a real bang up job with this one Archer. How'd you make her so, so, demanding and leader like?" He asks looking me in the eyes.

"She hung out with Wren. That's all you need to know," Archer says making me sit back down.

"Daniel back off. We asked for her parents to be pre-"

"Her parents will never be in the same room as her again."

"And why not?" Am elder lady asks. Archer clenches his fists then looks over at his "father."

"He knows why. Don't you?" Archer asks him with the same tone I used not even minutes ago. Everyone just stands or sits in their place waiting for an answer. The first man, the one who though I was my mom steps up.

"Tell us Daniel," he says in a soft but commanding way.

"Wren may have visited me a few times to ask for protection. It was for a girl. A Runt who's parents treated her unfairly but that isn't an uncommon thing," Daniel says, almost like this is a laughable manner.

"Her mother tried to kill her. She was savaged and dead set. Reagan hasn't left my terminus since it happened, there has been no reason to kill her besides what I did to her," Archer says with a tone. Him and his father obviously disagree on the matter.

"She wo-"

"I saw her try to do it. Hence try, Reagan now heals almost as fast as I do." I hear low murmer from these people.

"So what if we lose one little runt?" Daniel asks. Very few agree with him, but most likely enough not to act upon.

"Your son is a runt. Would it be okay if mom, your loved one, kills him?" Archer asks. Daniel turns a slight shade of pink.

"No!"

"Exactly. She is one of the best trackers I have ever seen. Before she even had my blood, she forced herself change from a vampire bite. She attacked while she must likely couldn't to save me. Your soon and your packs Alpha," Archer says with the anger slowly leaking back in his voice. "Or is that not enough? Should you know she saved your runt son on multiple occasions? Probably your wife as well."

"Archer," a younger woman warns him. Archer takes a deep breath before stepping beside me again. She walks over to us and grabs my hand. She looks at the ring that has long since moved off my ring forget and to my index. A sign of a lost love.

"Who was it?"

"Don't answer that Reagan." Archer snaps. The woman looks at Archer then at Daniel.

"This is the works of you Daniel, not my sister," she snaps at him.

"Lana," Daniel says but she turns to me again. Her eyes are set.

"Who was it that you lost? I know Archer was most likely the one who approved it," Lana says before she starts looking through cabinets.

"It's not with the rest," Archer sighs. She snaps her head towards him so quick it looks painful.

"What do you mean? All mating papers go in here."

"Not hers. It was, uh, a special case. It was going to be handled delicately but stuff happens." What does he mean delicately?

"It was Wren. I knew it! Is that why you saved her!"

"I didn't know until a a day or two ago, I saved her because she saved me. It was only right," Archer says lowly. Lana jumps over the desk and goes to attack me. She lets out a scream as the first man holds her back.

"Where is he!"

"I don't know. If I knew where he was do you think I would be wearing this on the wrong finger? Would I even be here?" I ask her. Her eyes bore into mine. Why is Wren important to them?

She lefts out a scream and breaks out of their grip. She forces me on the ground and holds my hands over my head. "You will tell me right-"

"My best guess is he's dead." This seems to only make her more angry. Her eyes flash color before she rears her arm back. I push her off me like she is nothing but a fly.

"Can we please stop trying to attack her? She'll be able to block anything you give her because her reflexes are fast."

"Alpha blood does that," Daniel says lowly. I ball my fists up.

"Even before. Wren didn't lie when he said he met one of the fastest trackers. She tracked down an alpha in the matters of seconds." Archer says. "I didn't believe him like you and now that what most likely got him taken away.

I stick my nose in the air once a scent catches my attention. A low growl hums though my chest. A vampire is near Will. I start to push my way through the crowd of council members. Victors scent soon mixes.

"Let me go! They need me!" I scream as loud as I can. I sling them off me.

"Reagan." Archer says softly.

"It's Will and Victor," I cry out. They let me go.

"Where?" I don't even answer as they black the door. I look over at the window. "Reagan n-"

I jump through the window, landing in a crouch. I stand up and run through the woods. I soon hear Archer running behind me. I turn sharply and shift, only to jump. I land infront of Will and Victor with a growl.

Archer attacks the vampire as I shift back. "Run." I whisper to Will and Victor. "Take him and run Will."

"What are you going to do?"

"Will," I plea. He grabs Victor and starts to run. Archer backs up from the vampire as soon as I shift jumping at it. I grab its neck and start to drag it, kicking and screaming. Archer gives me a nod of approval as I drag it back to the prison.

Guards see me and take him away. I grab some clothes and put them on. I follow Wills scent to Archers office and run in. "Victor," I whisper.

"Good thing you know my scent huh?"

"Are trying to joke with me?" I ask him, which in turn makes him laugh.

"God, you're turning into my brother," Victor says. Will chuckles lowly.

"Or mine." He voices. I smile at them as I sit by Victor. He leans his head on my shoulder. He then just breaks down into sobs. I wrap my arms around him and just let him cry. He does this once in awhile. All you really can do is let him do it.