5

I start to spin in the chair making myself dizzy. Suddenly, I'm stopped and Alpha Archer looks me in the eyes. His dark brown ones peirce through mine. Distantly I can feel my wolf laughing. I sink down in the chair from the intensity of hate that fill them.

"What is it Alpha?" I whisper but his glare only intenses.

"It wants to see you again," Alpha Archer says then clears his throat, when he does it has a harsh growl sound to it. "Alone."

"W-why?" I stutter. My heart is beating faster and my palms are getting sticky with sweat. A low buzz starts in my ears.

"He wouldn't say."

"Am I going to see him?" I whisper, he nods his head yes but very reluctantly. The look in his eyes show that he doesn't want me too.

"He won't talk to any of us. Find out how he knows you," Alpha orders and I nod my head. "Come."

I jump up and follow him back to the jail. We walk by people who are screaming or talking crazy. Ghosts scent hits me hard making me stop. Alpha Archer looks back at me. "His scent is stronger," I mutter in disbelief only to find Alpha Archer smile while rubbing his knuckles.

"I know."

"Torture? You are torturing people now?" I gasp as he pulls me along. He sighs like I'm being overdramatic.

"I only stabbed him four times. Trust me he needed it." The Alpha says stopping in front of the door. "Hurry."

I open the door and close it. It's so dark in here. The lights turn on and Ghost is in front of me, making me jump back while putting a hand to my heart. He looks exactly the same as last time but only more smug.

"Reag." He breaths while tucking some of my hair back making me flinch. He chuckles lowly while watching me.

"Don't touch me," I snap making him laugh. He walks over to the pallet in the floor and sits down on it.

"Still the same."

"How do you know me?" I say quickly. He pats the spot in front of him but I stay where I am. I will not let him boss me around. Right now I am superior to him.

"Fine." He says and smiles as if he remembered something. He is acting like this is some casual ordeal!

"Answer me."

"My real name is Wen Pepper," he says and I turn on around, balling my fist up. No.

"Nope. Wen is gone." I whisper and knock on the door. My stomach feels like it has acid slowly boiling, moving up my throat, burning my eyes with unwanted tears.

"Done already?" Alpha Archer asks almost surprised. I just push past him making him stumble.

"I am! You know it Reag!" Ghost screams as Alpha Archer slams the door close. I sit down in the floor and shake my head.

"What is it?" Alpha Archer asks clearly wanting to know. He's concerned, worried.

"Nothing. Can we leave?" I ask. He just nods, probably afraid to speak. We go back to his office and I sit down on the couch.

"What happened to Wen Pepper?" I ask and he looks up. None of us has talked in at least two hours.

"Wen Pepper? He was a fighter right?" Alpha Archer asks. He's hiding something.

"One of the fighters. He was jobbed for the future Luna's protection. " I mutter while picking at my nails.

"Oh! That Wen. Yeah great kid he filed for mating and he left the day I approved," Alpha Archer says with a confused frown.

"Yep that one," I say nodding. A sick feel settles in me. "Why did he leave?"

"No clue. I feel sorry for that girl though. All they had to do was wait until she was seventeen," Alpha Archer says as I bring my knees to my chest. So terrible.

"What are we talking about?" Victor asks as he walks in. He sets off a cheerful vibe that I am so used to.

"Wen." I mutter and Victor frowns harshly. I roll my eyes as to what is going through his head.

"Why talk about that a-"

"Victor." I warn and he shrugs.

"Reagan, tell me," Alpha Archer orders clearly frustrated with everything that's going on. His brown eyes show a hint of tiredness and vulnerability.

"Wen and I-" I stop and shake my head. Alpha Archer mutters under his breath.

"You lied," Alpha Archer says and I nod my head. "So you and Wen?" He asks after a while.

"Yep."

"Seems unlikely," Alpha Archer comments. He must be thinking back to what all he remembers about him.

"I know right? That's what I told her and the same day he skipped," Victor says. Alpha Archer nods his head and keeps going over papers.

"Why are you asking?" Alpha Archer asks.

"Ghost claims to be Wen Pepper." I whisper and he drops the papers.

"Excuse me?" Alpha Archer asks and Victor pales.

"The captured Alpha claims to be Wen. That's how he claims to know me but its not him or I would have recognized him," I say quickly. I would have, if not him then his scent.

"But that would mean he knows Wen. There's no telling what all he knows either way," Alpha Archer says with panic in his voice. His whole posture change from relax-ish to on guard. Wen must know something he shouldn't.

"What do you mean?" I ask and he sighs.

"It's classified," Alpha Archer says steernly. I open my mouth then close it.

"But, it's Wen we are talking about!" I shout finally. Victor bows up to my rampage scream.

"He left you Reagan. I thought you got over this," Victor shouts at me. I ball my fist up in a desperate manor.

"You don't understand Vic!" I cry out. "I was there."

Both men go silent as I cry, I doubt they would know how to comfort me in the first place. I have never told anyone about it and I plan not to. "I can assure you that man in that cell is not Wen." I say getting up. Victor looks at his feet.

"And don't give me any crap about Wen either. You were all aboard when I told you he asked me to be his. If anything you encouraged his descions and my own. I do not want to hear it," I snap at Victor. I walk out of the room and outside.

Calm down Reagan. He doesn't matter anymore. I growl out in frustion and drive my right fist through a tree. The tree cracks and splinters. "Alpha!" I shout backing away slowly. Alpha Archer storms out of the house and runs straight to me. "That's not normal." I say pointing to the tree.

"Get in the house." He commands while pushing me. He is right behind me the whole way. What's wrong with me?

Of Runtजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें