chapter 21

(Unedited)

Sequoia

Should I be worried?

My mother is sitting in my living room, in all her glory. Wannabe French posh and all, I think I should start panicking now or asking questions.

Either that or run for the fùcking door because my mother is a lot

"Mama, what are you doing here?" I ask, looking at her then to uncle B who had a huge grin on his face. What the hell was he doing here? Although I really didn't mind, its just the last time I checked he stayed in Virginia with my mom's side of the family. Either she picked him on the, way to harrass me or he was already in town. My mother's eyes skim passed me and looks behind me, probably staring at the almost six foot one tall white boy towering over me.

I realize that I've never, I mean never mentioned Justin to her and now I regret it,

so very much

"Who is this chéri? " she asks, ignoring my question. Her slight accent not going unnoticed, I nervously fumble with my fingers that were placed in front of me. "Well?"

He's the plumber! I wanted to yell. No he's the building manager! My brain suggested right away, he's anything but my boyfriend I wanted to cry but I didn't. I shouldn't be making up excuses but if you have a conversation with my mother for more than 2 minutes, you will understand very quickly.

But I had to do it

Before I could even open my mouth to give my mother the truthful answer, Justin steps from behind me and introduces himself. "Hi ma'am, I'm Justin bieber. " he says giving her one of his charming smiles, his straight white teeth on display. Okay, so good so far just don't mention that you're m- "I'm her boyfriend, nice to finally meet you."

I should've warned him.

My mother's eyebrows shoot up at now she's speculating every part of Justin's body, nervousness suddenly takes over my body and I just stand in my place like a statue "Well, nice to meet you Justin. I'm Camellia Deveuex- Smith but I only go by smith. I'm divorced "

He is too

Justin nervously chuckles and looks back at me quickly before turning to my mother who had a shít load of questions for him, jumping straight to probably the only one on her mind. "So how long have you and my daughter been dating?"

"Uh, 3 months?" Justin states, well more questions, which causes my mother to raise an eyebrows at the both of us. I nervously clutch on to Justin's arm, avoiding eye contact with him but instead locking eyes with my uncle who still held a cheerful smile.