Chapter 17

Justin

Hopefully it wasn't Penelope

No, fùck that, I don't care if I'm caught anymore.

I'm divorcing her soon, why does it matter? if she knows about me sleeping around with Sequoia, then so be it. She should've known it was coming , even if I didn't make it clear to her before, she should've saw this coming as soon as I said those "vows" to her. But Penelope isn't the brightest star in the galaxy, that was okay too because it would make going through with the divorce 10x easier

"Who was that?" Sequoia asked after closing the door and fixing her appearance, I shrugged but whinced when the pain from my wounds suddenly submerged again; Sequoia frowned and looked slightly concerned once I did that. "Are you okay?" nodding , I attempted to sit up more but I hissed loudly as I felt the rush of pain yet again. "You're not okay, lay back Justin."

I groaned and ignored her commands , "I'm fine angel, I just need to....." I trailed off as I lifted myself yet again and held in the my curses to avoid being scolded by Sequoia, who was like a mother when it came to taking care of me. "Adjust my position, don't worry about me."

She looked unconvinced but she brushed it off and went back over to the chair she was sitting in, just as she took a seat Penelope came in with an oddly weird smile holding a white silicon cup. I look at her skeptically before taking it in my hands, there was something different about her but I just couldn't put a finger on it. Penelope then glance to Sequoia who was sitting in the corner with her phone to her ear, not really realizing how penelope was glaring at her.

Okay something was wrong

I listened to Sequoia talk fast into the phone, like it was another language but she switch back to English saying no mama. So she was talking to her mother, that's cute. I've only heard bits and pieces about Sequoia's family, just the fact that she was born here in the United States in Virginia but her father relocated a 5 year old Sequoia and her mother to a place just outside of Paris, France because of his strong family ties. Other than the fact that her father was a cheating bastard and her mother was a heartbroken woman, she hadn't told me anything else.

Penelope finally took her eyes off of Sequoia and turned her attention towards me, "You haven't drunk your water yet babe," she grinned averting her eyes to the cup I was gripping in my hand, I suddenly got a feeling, I was no longer thirsty. Well, I was but I didn't want anything from her, if I were to get something to drink I'd call the nurse or get it myself if I could.

"I'm not really thirsty anymore babe, thanks though ." I cringed at the word babe, I don't want to say it to her but I wanted to say it to Sequoia. Penelope's eyes shined with anger first but they soon changed back to the clueless icy blue ones I was familiar with, it was strange. She was throwing me off, I feel uneasy around her suddenly and I didn't like it.

Clearing her throat, Sequoia made her presence noticeable Penelope and I both turned away from our somewhat forced or fake conversation , to a awkward looking Sequoia. She looked like she wanted to get the hell out here, fast. Her soft pink lips parted and she spoke "I'm going to go. Bye Penelope, feel better Justin. " but I didn't want her to go, I was literally aching to reach out and touch her, pull her in my arms and kiss her or even caress her. But I couldn't.