Chapter Twelve: Meeting Tyler Hudson

Chapter Twelve

Susie began to get fussy again one hour later, so I ordered up a box of cheese pizza for us both. I made sure the price wasn't too expensive, as I was planning on giving back Ronald some of his money. As kind as he seemed, I surely didn't feel right accepting money from him like that, however.

The door bell suddenly rang. I paled for a second, thinking that it was Tyler, but then remembered it was only nine o'clock. He wouldn't be here for another three hours. The only person it had to be was the pizza delivery person, so I got up, peeked through the little hole on top of the door. It was a teenaged boy waiting on the porch with a box of pizza in his hand.

I opened the door. "Thanks for bringing my pizza...wait, Preston?" I asked in disbelief.

Preston grinned. "Well, we meet again, pretty Annabella,"

I eyed him cautiously. The light brown hair on his head, the deep green eyes that twnikled boyishly, dimples when he smiled, yes, it was Preston from the Guess store, alright.

"How many jobs do you really have?" I asked him as he handed me the pizza box carefully in my hands.

Preston shrugged. "I do a lot of odd jobs around here and there. Being a salesboy and this pizza delivery job are just a few of them,"

"Oh, right. Now that makes sense," I agreed. "How much?"

"Originally eight, but since you're such a babe, I'll give you a dollar off and make it seven," said Preston.

Flustered, I handed him the twenty. "Gee, that's really generous of you," I managed to say as I waited for him to hand me the change.

"And you're welcome," Preston said. He gave me a bright smile as heheaded back to his motorcycle with the Pizza Hut sign on it. "I gotta get back to do some more deliveries. See you around, Belly!"

"Oh, great, you've found me a nickname." I said dryly. Neverthless I smiled back at him and waved. "Yeah, see you around, Pizza Preston!"

He winked at me in a way that made my legs feel like jelly before driving away on his ride.

A goofy grin on my face, I turned around and went back into the house. The smell of the pizza must have met Susie's nostrils, for as soon as I stepped in with the box,she came bounding over to me ,jumping up and down, asking, "Is the pizza here? I want some!"

I laughed. "Sure. Let me get you a plate, sweetie,"

I hurried into the kitchen and got us both some plates, onto which I served us adequate amounts each in order to keep us filled for the time being. I also decided to leave back ample amounts for Tyler Hudson, should he be hungry from his long travel.

I settled back into the couch once more, watching a toddler show with Susie. My eyes turned away from the television as Sesame Street came on. I personally could never stand that one toddler show. To be it was so dumb and those puppets, especially Cookie Monster, creeped me out.

I decided to go on the computer and check my Facebook for a while.

I got up and headed towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Susie asked, her face scrunching up like she was about to cry. For the few days that I have been here, the kid has grown really attached to me. I figured it was because I was the one who paid her the most attention out of my mother and Ronald, and I was the one who looked after her every need, well mostly, and read her bedtime stories each night.

"I'm going on the computer a bit. You watch your show, okay?" I replied.

"Okay." Susie repeated and focused her eyes once more on the TV.

I flashed her a quick smile then disappeared upstairs into the guest room. I powered up the computer and sat on the chair near the desk where the PC was positioned. I then logged into my Facebook account, eager to check my friend requests.

There were messages from Hannah and Cole.

Cole. I gulped.

I opened Hannah's message first.

She basically wrote about how she was having a great last week of summer and how she was bummed about starting sophomore year without me. I was kind of disappointed myself, since we both had plans about joining the theatre and drama clubs that year. Hannah and I had always been fascinated with celebrity lifestyle. We had wanted to be actresses and models as kids, but as you know, those dreams had been short lived.

I smiled sadly and typed up a reply to her.

Then I opened up Cole's message.

He mainly wrote about how sad he was as my moving and how he coudn't wait to see me whenever the opportunity arose. To me he didn't sound sincere at all. I took a deep breath and decided to finish this once and for all.

But I paused in my tracks. What if Cole truly did like me? Would I regret doing this later on?

I decided not to reply until my feelings were sorted out.

Then I checked my friends requests. One was from Jeff, who had been allowed to create a profile recently. I accepted his. Then surveying the other one, I scowled.

One was from Sarah Lynne Dobrev.

I scowled deeply. Who did that girl think she was?

And how did she find me online anyways?

I declined her request and blocked her also. I really didn't need Sarah harassing me online or bullying me right about now.

Suddenly I checked my watch and gasped. Holy guacamoli, it was twelve freaking o'clock already! How did time go by so fast?

I rushed downstairs to make sure Susie was okay, then neatened up the house to make it presentable for Tyler when he arrived. Then I raced back to my room and neatened myself. I even dared to apply a small amount of makeup, hoping Mom wouldn't notice.

I sat down back in the couch with the little doll Susie and nervously awaited for one o'clock, when Tyler would arrive back home. I was beginning to nod off for a second.

Suddenly a loud honk made me nearly jump out of my skin!

Susie got up and raced to the window nearby and peeked outside.

"Ty's here! Let him in. Anna!" She cried gleefully.

I spied from the window and extremely cute boy dragging some suitcases behind him as he came up the pathway.

I held my breath as I opened the door to let Tyler in.

I held back as Susie rushed into his arms.

"There's my little sister." Tyler said in a sexy, husky voice that must've worked well in seducing dozens of girls. The sound of his voice mde me squirm. He lifted her up and spun her around in the air.

I stared at him. He was even better looking in real life than in photos. His dark, blue black hair seemed so shiny and full, I couldn't help but want to run my hands through it. His deep blue eyes seemed like endless pools of mystery with litlle flecks of green in them. His physique was tall and lean. I could see the outline of this hottie's chest through his shirt.

I tried my hardest not to drool.

Then Tyler did something that caught me by surprise.

When he turned to face me, he demanded, "Who are you? Why are you here with my sister?" in a dangerous voice, his eyes narrowed angrily.

I paled.