Chapter Two: New York, New York, It's a Wonderful Town!

Chapter Two

On the day that we were set out to be officially moving to New York, I had gotten up extremely early in order to dress my best and make last minute preparations. I glanced at the time on my alarm clock. It was only three in the morning, whereas our train departed at six thirty sharp. Never was I so eager to leave my home in my entire life. I figured it was better to make the best out of the situations that could kill you most in life. Namely, this one.

I had already showered and dressed in a very fashionable outfit, one which Meredith had gotten me on one of her famous shopping expeditions. I looked nothing at all like my usual self. My normally limp, boring chestnut hair was arranged in soft curls around my head, thanks to my mom's curling iron. My entire outfit screamed boho chic. I wore a pair of black leggings over a pair of really short grey shorts, complimented with a lacy see-through baby doll black and grey blouse and gladiator sandals. To exempt from the harsh colors, I accessorized with light, minimum accessories.

I felt beautiful, radiated confidence and I was ready to take on the world.

After checking around for any items that could've risked being left behind, I stalked into the hallway with my suitcase and sat down on one of the moving boxes, since all of our furniture had already been shipped off to mom's new apartment in New York almost a week ago. I felt a surge of excitement course through my body just thinking about my new life ahead. Sure enough, I would miss this place but as you know, all good things must come to an end.

The doorbell rang all of a sudden. Who on earth would be up so late, besides me? Mom was still curled up under the covers in her room, fast asleep. I had no intentions of awaking her before five the least. She was definitely not a morning person, and could be really cranky if she lacked sleep. I quietly approached the doorway and peeped through the hole at the top. I breathed a sigh of relief. It was only Hannah.

I opened the door and let her in. We both sat down on boxes, cold air conditioning blasting our faces.

Hannah grinned at me. "Oh my gosh, Bells, you look absolutely stunning! Your outfit is to die for!"

I smiled. "Thanks!"

Hannah tilted her head to the side. "How come I've never seen you in such stylin' clothes before?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. You know me, I'm normally not the flashy type of girl. This was an outfit Meredith had gotten me from her shopping trips. You know how much I resent her that's why I wouldn't wear any of the stuff she got me. But now, this actually came in handy."

"Totally." Hannah agreed. "You're really gonna outshine those New Yorkers! I dare say, you look like one of them already."

"Oh, shush." I said dismissively. "How can I look like one of them when I've never even set foot on the place before?"

"I dunno, but I still think you look like one of them." Hannah insisted.

"Whatevs." I said. But I was secretly wondering if what Han was saying was really true. After all, I've never been a fashionable girl in my life. It's just not in my genetical makeup.

Hannah sighed. "I'm going to miss you so, so much Annabella!"

I smiled a small smile. "I'm gonna miss you a whole lot too. I cannot imagine starting high school without my very best friend by my side. We've been through so much together, Hannah. I doubt I'll ever find a friend as close as you were."

Tears were now sliding down Hannah's cheeks, but she wiped them away, smiling bravely. "Let's not waste the time we have left with each other crying. Let's talk about other things."