Chapter Nine: The Night of The Bonfire

Chapter Nine

Tyler's POV

The day was hot and sunny, not a damn cloud in the sky. Tired and drenched in sweat, me and my team mates were headed back to our respective cabins to go change and probably sneak off to mingle with the Camp Ravenwood girls, who camped out at the other side of the Kiersen Woods, here in Michigan.

We guys had just come back from playing a strenuous soccer match against Josh Ronson and his team. And yes, we had come out victorious, just as we had in the finals two days ago. Josh Ronson had challenged us to an unofficial rematch game and lost once more. Serves that idiot right. He had nothing on my team.

I have been playing soccer since I was five years old. Now, ten years later, and I was the captain of the Russell High School soccer team. I'm voted MVP at almost every match my team has ever played. That has brought me immense popularity and fame around school. As well as with high ranks of a player. What can I say? I can't help it if the ladies love me.

"Great game against Ronson and his team, man!" Timothy said, giving me a high five.

" Yeah, dude," I answered. "Once again, Tyler Hudson and his team are the undisputed champions of all time."

Other team mates chimed in and congratulated me on the fine victory. That ought to keep Ronson humble for a mighty long time.

By now we had almost reached our cabins, the fine wooden structures in its almost dilapidated glory, showing its face proudly as we headed up the steep hill that led to the cabins. Timothy and I headed into our cabin, along with four other guys, as we were all bunk mates here. I sat down on my bed and pulled out the case of water that was under my bed. Then I grabbed one, opened it and drank my fill.

Finally my thirst was fully quenched. I then tossed the empty bottle aside, then lay back on my pillows and grabbed my mobile. Checking it, I scowled. There were ten new messages from my girlfriend, Sarah Dobrev, back home. She has been spamming my inbox ever since I had arrived at camp two weeks ago. It's becoming downright annoying.

Sarah's a really great gal. Any guy at my school would kill to go out with her, being the hottie that she is. So I considered myself pretty fortunate to have scored someone as beautiful as her and not some random skank with a load of STD's and all. But of late she has been getting really clingy and needy. And I can't stand girls like that.

I tossed my phone aside, ignoring her messages. Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair and sat up. A river of sweat poured down my forehead, but I ignored that too. I just whipped off my shirt and used it to wipe my face. There. Done.

"What's going on, Hudson? You look pissed," Jamison said.

"I've got a lot on my mind right about now, man. The girlfriend's really got me going," I said to him.

"Girlfriend? Why stress yourself behind one girl when there's a full carload of hot chics down at Ravenwood? At least that's what I'm doing. Decided to ditch Laura from back home, and you know what, I'm having the time of my life with these easy chics available," Jamison replied.

A smile broke across my face," You're right," I said slowly. "Maybe I should be able to get my mind off Sarah by being distracted by the beauties available," After all, I wasn't one of the school players for nothing.

"That's the spirit." Jamison said as he threw on a clean shirt. "We're heading over to Ravenwood this evening, anyways. There's a bonfire there, marking the last week of the girl's camp and we were invited."

"Like I didn't already know that," I said, ignoring the sound from my phone. Any bet some new shitty message from Sarah. God, that bitch was downright possessive and annoying.