Chapter 41:

We hear the clatter of metal and roar of hundreds upon hundreds of people before we see the Ailleact Fields.  We pass through the last line of the forest and find ourselves face to face with thousands of people, and hundreds upon hundreds of tents. Battle hardened horses are tied up to trees, decked in armor and their hair shaved into swirling Celtic patterns. A tall man, with a long beard, looking to be no older than thirty winters approached Call and I. "Call! I cannot see your parents, what happ-" The man cuts short his sentence when he sees the expression on Call's face. Needing no greater explanation, the man nods his head and apologises for our loss. Things move swiftly after that, Call and I are sectioned off from the rest of the clan, who start to set up tents and fires to heat the oncoming night. Myself and Call are led to a larger tent on slightly higher ground with more of a panoramic view of the Fields. Summoned to the tent are all the chiefs, and my first impression is of intimidation as they tower above me by a couple of heads, the entirety of their bodies are swathed in tattoos of blue ink. 

"Welcome, Call, I am sorry for your loss," The chiefs bow their heads in respect for his loss. Beside him, I feel him tense slightly at the painful reminder. Stepping forward, I present myself,

"I thank you for your hospitality, bretheren, I am Aine, of the North," the chiefs put a hand against their chests in a mark of respect,

"Greetings, Aine of the North, she who has seen the faeries," they all say. Then one of the elder chiefs steps forward, 

"We have agreed that you will stand with as a a chief in battle plan and preparation," I nod my thanks, and step back allowing Call to say his piece,

"We thank you, Southern chiefs for responding to our beacon, we are here to prevent the Viking raiders from scouring the land and razing it of magic and Celts as they did to our cousins."