Chapter 16:

I slump against silken feathers, and tiredness encroaches me as I wonder how I was quite able to pull off such a feat of magic. Peeking over the head of the hawk as he circles the camp to gain altitude, I see fire blazing far below me; The Vikings are desperately try to contain the flames, but they drop their buckets of water and start pointing at me, their faces washed a ghostly pale grey. The Icelandic noble looks furious, and he releases an aggravated arrow into the sky; however the arrow falls very far off its target. The sun on my back feels glorious and generous. As we gain height, I notice with horror that there are many man made glades close to the natural one that I just exited- filled with hundreds of more warriors. I am shocked at the sheer number of men that are camped practically just outside of The Ravine. The hawk directs North for a bit, and I can see the destruction that these new Vikings have brought to the remaining tribes up North. Smoke drifts high into the clouds below, barren scar marks carved out across the hide of the forest. Tears stream down my cheeks as I see the amount of destruction that the basic greed of the Vikings has caused.

We eventually soar so high above the clouds that I can no longer see the forest beneath. Yet the view up here is by far more spectacular. An ocean of clouds rolling across the skies like waves on a stormy day. The clouds are illuminated by the rising sun, scattered with reds, oranges and yellows of different hues.Freedom is the word made for this experience, I am flying above everything, completely detached from the world and what it encompasses.

Tiredness eventually lulls me asleep, and when I wake up, it is from savage shakes.

"Aine? AINE?" I blink, and my eyes eventually adjust to the sharp light.

"Druga?" I am lying at the entrance of The Cave, being woken by a worried Druga. A caw to my left startles me, and I saw a hawk, slightly bigger than most hawks that I know, staring at me, before it soars away, bringing back the memories from last night. "I need to speak to Allil," I get to me feet, brushing off Druga's attempts to help me up. He looks at me with confusion, before seeing the somber look on my face, and hastily answering me,

"Allil is on The Overhang, along with the rest of the tribe," nodding my thanks, I race into The Cave.