A Girl Named Summer

Hey guys..... it's not any usual romantic story...

 It is a romantic story....... but mostly depends on the relationships...... hope you like it.......

..........................................................................................................................................

 Chapter 1

 Summer

 Summer....it is the season of today.

Driving through the highway of the capital city and most populous city of the state of Victoria, I grinned at the welcome board planted at the entrance which stated as "Welcome to Melbourne". I turned my head to have a great view of the Port Phillip. Its shoreline is stretched up to 264 Km, along with the breathtaking beaches. It was said it was formed after the ice age some thousands of years back.

I stretched my body lazily in the front seat of the car as the car passed through the shoreline. The sunlight is falling all over the car making me clearly look at the city. From of the corner of the eyes, I could see my dad smiling at me and later turned towards the road. The sky is spotless without any clouds and it looks like as if the green grass had just taken a full turn of life. Every blossom on the tree is making the city more beautiful along with the gorgeous skyscrapers. I don't know why I find them beautiful, maybe it's the weather or the excitement in me. I shrugged and continued with my discovery of the new city. The radio was blasting with the "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis and my dad was humming along with it.

 "Exciting? Huh?" Dad grinned at me, as if he read my mind, which he always does. It's like he can hear everything that's going in my mind.

 Shaking my blonde curls with excitement, I gave him a wide grin and said," Very much!!"

 "Listen pumpkin, it's kind of..." he looked uncomfortable. I knew where he was going with that look on his face. He might be of forty years old but he look as young as I am. He is well built with board shoulders, blue eyes that sparkle in the sun light and the 6 feet that makes me sleep on his shoulders even if I am standing.

"Dad, are you talking about where we are going to live? If so, then don't worry, I completely understand it," I assured him confidently and proudly.

 "I know you would understand," he smiled and ruffled my hair with his free hand. I growled and pushed his hand from my hair. He chuckled. I hate it when somebody does that but I secretly love it.

 "Do you think they will like me?" I asked him.

 "Sure pumpkin, who would reject you," he smiled. He sounded sincere with lack of confidence.

Even my dad doesn't know whether they would like me or not. I have loosen my belt and kissed him on his cheek. He smiled and concentrated on driving. I took my sketch pad from my bag, pulled the HB pencil and began to draw the scenery of the huge trees along the road side covering the sky with its huge branches.

My thoughts wandered back to the day when we were having dinner one night. He was humming since few days and seemed very happy. I haven't seen him like this since my mom died in a car accident when I was thirteen years old. He never married again saying that no one can replace my mom and that he can take care of me.

"So what's the matter, Dad" I asked him. For a moment he stopped humming and opened his mouth and closed again. I could see that something was going on in his mind.

 "I.... Baby... I should tell you..." he hesitated for a moment, "Umm... I am going to marry," he said abruptly.

I was in shock after listening to that. The room was so silent that I could here my own breath. He was still looking at me, which he could understand that since my eyes were wide open.