Vanished Into Thin Air: Chapter 5

AN: Ok you guys I felt like I was negeleting(I just killed that word. Hopefully you can fingure it out lol) my fans. My summer has just been like super bussy so as a reward for being so panicent, I am posting all my chapters of Vanished that I hvae typed up. WARNING: IS UNEDITED SO EXPECT MAJOR SPELLING ERRORS.

Uncharted Territory

I stood there frozen in shock. I mean I knew that I preformed well in the cheerleading try-outs, but did I do that good that to become the head cheerleader?Could I possible the next Merissa, the head cheerleader at my school in Florida.Merissa, just like Jamie, was extremely popular. She always would wear colorful ribbons in her beach blonde hair, going around the school wearing her cheerleading uniform every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.Guys would drool all over her in the powder blue plaid mini-skirt and the small sweater that matched the skirt.I tried to think of myself like that, like Gina, like Jamie, and never in a million year would I think that would be me.The center of attain at school, everyone knowing my name, always getting invited to parties, and getting anything I wanted from people without even asking them to do it. “Hey, look you made head cheerleader.” I heard a cheery voice say.I turned around to see Tyler his blue I sparkling like they where yesterday when I showed Gina up at the cheerleading tryouts.Gina pushed though the crowed shoving me into Tyler.She stared at the list and looked for her name.Sadly, for her the place where her name used to be for two years, even as a freshman, was moved down to the position listed as FLYER 1.Gina turned to look at me, her blue eyes narrowed and covered with hate.She pushed her way back though the crowd her black stilettos clicking as she walked over to her locker.“So, I was thinking maybe you would like to celebrate, and we could go to the local dinner?” Tyler said. I relied that I was still in his arms; a huge smile lined his face.I gently move removed myself from his embrace and look behind me to see what David though of.Luckily, girls where swarming around him, talk about anything and everything just to keep the conversation alive.“I would love to go celebrate. You know where I live so how about we do our homework at my house, then head over to the dinner afterwards.” I said returning my attain back to Tyler.

“That sounds great. So, I’ll see you in science and I’ll save you a seat outside at lunch.” Tyler replied slowly walking towards his locker. I nodded in agreement and walked over to mine. I gathered my things and when I closed my locker door David was standing there. I jumped back and doped my books on the floor.

“You’re very jumpy.” David said as he picked up my things in one graceful swish and handed them to me.

“I’m not jumpy. You just need to stop stinking up on me like that.” I said in my know-it-all voice. I toke my books back and not even looking him in the eye, knowing that there would be a smile in the mix with his evergreen eyes.

“So I heard thought the great vine that Tyler is taking you to the Localville dinner.” I could hear the bitterness in his voice like he hated Tyler and all he stood for just because he was taking me out to eat today.

“Yea,” I said now looking him in the eye. His eyes where expressionless like he was a doll standing there waiting for me to say something, or kiss him and turn him into a prince (or was that frog not a doll. Oh well that how my mom told me the story. I think it’s because she didn’t want me running around kissing frogs get some rare illness or whatever.) “Tyler is a good guy and he seems nice. Why do you act like he is the devil or something evil and sinister?”

“Personal reasons. So, I guess you will not need an escort to your house today.” David said with perfect timing, because right after he said that the bell rang so I could not ask what the personal reasons were. In the classes before lunch David never really talked to me, but ever time I would look up and get a glimpse of him, he was always staring at me the way my mom and dad stare at each other.When I ask to borrow a pencil or something he would hand it to me and keep his hand on the object longer than he needed too, and always tried to bump into me so I would drop my thing so he could pick them up for me. The time for lunch arose and there was no David to be seen. I picked up my tray and headed back to the table where I first talked to Tyler. He was sitting there, a smile lit up is sweet face and he in his hands where an arrangement of flowers.Before I could even sit down he handed me the flowers and said in his handsome and gentle voice “These are for you.” I studied the arrangement, it was filled with rose in white, red and pale pink, and white daisy appeared every once in a while between the roses.