Vanished Into Thin Air

Ok this is my second story I'm posting, I hope it will be more popular than my first one is turning out to be lol. Ya! Its all edited and pretty

________________________________________________________________________________

Endings and Beginnings

            I knew that leaving Florida would be one of the hardest things I ever had to do.  My mom came up to me one day and said joyfully “Sam we are going to live in Indiana with your father! Aren’t you excited?”- that day was most likely the worst day of my life.  Today we are leaving, Mom explained to me that we are going to keep the house, but just not live in it in the school year.  The house that I lived in for ten years of my life is now my new summer home. 

“This is so stupid!” my best friend Jamie exclaimed she was helping me pack to go to my ‘new’ home.  Jamie was my best friend since the first grade, which was the year I moved down to Florida.  She always had short blond hair and that golden brown skin.  She was always the most beautiful girl in the school,  last year at the time of homecoming dance ten guys asked her out, unlike me who went alone.   In general Jaime was my complete opposite, she lived here in Florida her whole life- I moved to Florida when I was six-years-old from England.  Because I was from England, I'd never had a tan in my whole life.  Jamie's soft blond hair always looked perfect, like she was ready to get her picture in a magazine or something.  Me, I had long red hair that tangled easily and always got in my way.  Jamie was always out going and talked to everyone, and everyone knew Jamie.  People knew me because I was friends with Jamie.  I looked over at her  and she was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling, then suddenly she sat up “Why do you have to go to Indiana?” she was yelling as loud as she did at the prep rallies at school, and her blue eyes look fierce, “What is so special about Indiana?”

“I don’t know, but all I know is that I’m not eighteen yet, but when I am I’m going to live with you and your mom” I told her.  She help me finish packing, I couldn't help but look at her.  Her face look torn, and tears filled her eyes.  Why was she so sad?  She was the most popular girl at school; she has a thousand more friends, a thousand friends who are most likely to be in prom court.  Yet a tear came rolling down her cheek as she put a picture of us in my suit case and zipped it up.  Then she walked out silently of my room, I could not help but feel bad that I was leaving Jamie my one and only friend though the two years of high school I had already when though.  Next year is my junior year and I’m clueless as a freshman, I would most likely the odd ball in school like here in Florida.  I picture the first day as I took my suit case off my bed, the first day of a new high school is like a death sentence or at least that’s how it looked in my head. I rolled my suit case out of my room and into the hallway.  I took one last look at my room.  I would miss the walls that had a drawing of the beach on them.  I would miss the big window that would wake me up at sunrise, and my big, deep blue bed that reminded me of the ocean.  Then with a sigh I closed my door for the last time in this year, me and Jamie walked slowly to my mom’s car like when we were seven-years-old and I didn’t want Jamie to leave we would walk to the car slowly and hope my mom would change her mind.  I got into the car and there was Jamie, standing there with the saddest look on her face.  “Will you write to me every day?” she said as if where to start to cry if I said no.

“Duh. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn’t write to you every day?” I replied.  Jamie looked as happy as the day she won student console president.  Then she started to jump up and down, and gave me a big hug, the hug was so big I could hardly breathe.  But, I had to close the door and say good-bye to my house, a big two story pale house.  When I moved here to Florida I though this house was the one I would grow old in, and I want to grow old in this house but that dream is gone now.