Vanished Into Thin Air, Chapter 2

The Clueless Ghost

"Is that you?" I asked him, I wondered how he got this picture, and why he was in it.

"Yes, this is me. This picture was of me in my mother's favorite place, her meadow. We found it when we moved down here; we would go there every Sunday. I look so... so....happy." He said, I looked at his face and it appeared like he was in a far away place, remembering that moment. I sat next to him on my bed, he slowly looked up at me and tears began to fill his see-though green eyes. I started at the sad ghost, he looked like he was real, but why was he here, was he looking for his mother here or, maybe someone to remind him of his mother. Did I remind him of his mother? I looked at him again; as I did a tear rolled off of his cheek and hit my pants. He stared at the small mark that was left on my pant from his tear, and then he looked strong and confident. "My name is David Antown, I lived here since I was 16 years old, this was my house before your father moved in, I need you to help me find out how I got like this I don't even know how I got like this. One morning I woke up and I looked in the mirror and I was see-though and my parents where died. I need to know how I got like this." His voice was shaky like he was about to burst into tears any minute.

 "My name is Samantha Colden, but I like to be called Sam. I moved forced to move here, to tell you the truth I never even wanted to come here. But Mom wanted to be closer to Dad, so I had to come because I'm not a legal adult yet. I well help you to find out what happened to you and your parents, but first I need you to find my text books."

 "Thank you for being willing to help me, and your text books are over there." He pointed to the corner near the door, and there they where perfectly stacked. "I like your room. Did you just move from England or something?"

 "No, I moved here from Florida, but I did live in England until I was six then we moved to Florida. So you're basically a clueless ghost?"

 "I see, well I also could not help but notice that you where attending Localville High School. Well, I was thinking the school is not to far from here and I was wondering if you would like to walk with me. And yes I am a clueless ghost." He flashed me a gorgeous smile.

 "Um," I was stunted by how perfect he looked, but I was soon remembering the fact that he was a ghost. "I would love to walk with you but you're a ghost. You can't go to school all transparent." Again he smiled at me.

"All right I'll be waiting on your door step in the doorstep in the morning waiting for you." He said, and then chuckled to himself. I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Me, and Jamie always use to do this at sleep over. We would just lay there silent and stare at the ceiling. He soon fell back on my bed too, and then I began to cry a little. "What's wrong?" He voice was worried. Was he worried that I was sad? Why would he care? I just a person that agreed to help him, I was like the dorky study guide that was helping the most popular guy in the school.

"It's nothing," I assured him. "I just miss my best friend that's all."

"Oh, I'm sorry if it makes you feel better all of my friends are died." I laugh then realized it was true; all of his friends had to be died if he was up in the attic all this time.

 "I'm sorry; it must be hard not to have anyone to talk too." I told him, and then I imagined that Jamie was died, and how sad I would be if that happened.

 "Well," He said his voice sounded a little happier than before. "I don't have any one to talk to, if you don't count yourself."

 "Oh, well that's true you can always talk to me, and I most likely will have a ton of free time on my hands"

"Why do you say that?"

"I'm not always the most popular girl at my school, last year in the yearbook for the juniors' awards section I was voted the best wall flower in the sophomore class."