CHAPTER THREE

All the chapters of Mr CEO are being removed and will be replaced by the re-written version.

Chapter 3 - That Went Well. Not.

This could not happen to me. Not on a day as important as this one. I began to fumble around in my bag. I was rushing, going too fast, trying to find anything to help me get out of this situation. The situation with the hot guy.

I started to unzip any pockets I could find in and on the bag, but ended up losing control of it. It fell to the floor. I dropped to the floor and frantically began to search it taking everything out of it and, by everything I mean everything. My makeup, my perfume, my purse and the most embarrassing thing ever; my sanitary towels.

Great! Now he's going to think I'm on a period. Not good!

Trying to get that thought out of my head I continued to search the bag and with most of it being spread around the floor it wasn't long before I found it. I switched it on and tried to patiently wait for it to turn on, but it was taking it's time. I guess that's what you get for only having a Sony Xperia. An idea formed in my head and I held the phone in the air hoping it would work quicker, but nothing happened apart from it changing the screen colour; black to white. I stamped my feet feeling impatient and annoyed. On the day I needed everything to work out perfectly it all goes pear shaped. But I was determined not to let this get in my way. I have a lot of bad days and this is just another one of them, plus this was my last chance at getting a job and nothing was going to stop me from getting it. Nothing.

"Ergh, you stupid phone." I slapped the screen and threw it back into my bag. Grabbing everything that had originally fallen out I stood up and calmed myself down, straightening out my clothes and making sure my hair was in place.

'You're fine' I kept telling myself over and over again.

"You don't happen to have your phone on you do you?" I asked.

He seemed like someone who would always carry their phone around, so surely he had it on him. Or maybe since it's not my day today he left it somewhere.

He turned around and gave me a winning smile, "Wait," he reached inside his pocket and pulled out a white iPhone. I looked at him and then up at the ceiling and wanted to do a little happy dance. He had his phone we're going to be okay. Once call and -

"I have no signal." He announced.

I stopped in my track and fell back into a slump.

Fuck you, man in the sky that for some apparent reason hates me.

I groaned and went over to the emergency phone and began to press the numbers to get in contact with them. It started to ring and after ten seconds a voice came on.

"This is the emergency phone line how can we -"

The phone went silent and a annoying buzzing sound took over.

"Hello, anybody there? Hello?" No one replied and I slammed the phone down. "You stupid piece of machinery! For a very well known company that rakes in a lot of cash you'd expect better quality than this, wouldn't you?" I asked the only person that was with me.

The man looked up at me and frowned, "Well the company normally does, but what can they do if three of their main men are off and -"

"How would you know if they had workers off?" I asked curiously.

Was he the reason why the elevator broke down? Is he a murderer?

All sorts of ideas began to fill my head; he could be the owner of a rival firm and decided to cause havoc. He could be a fraudulent......Or he could just be an employee. Looking at him he definitely could be an employee, but I backed away to the wall and kept my eyes on him, my bag covering my chest.