CHAPTER ELEVEN

Annabelle's POV

"Annabelle Mavers, why didn't you tell me Caleb cheated on you!?"

Oh shit!

That voice was enough to frighten anyone and with her shouting it caused Aaron to bite my lip.

"Ouch," I gasped. We both turned around a came face to face with my mother. Her hand were folded across her chest and her back was straight which meant that she meant business.

"Sorry," Aaron whispered in my ear, I looked at him and gently smiled before turning back towards my mother.

"Well?" She asked with her eyebrows raised.

"Umm can we speak inside? I don't want my neighbours knowing everything about me." I said annoyed.

My mother moved from the door, and opened her motioning for us to walk in.

I walked through the door and looked back to see Aaron frozen on the spot outside. "Are you coming in or going home?" I asked, hoping that he would be coming in that way my mother wouldn't be so harsh on me.

"I'm coming." He walked through and grabbed my hand.

We followed my mother to the table and sat down opposite her.

"So?"

I sighed and looked down at mine and Aaron's joined hands. "I didn't tell you because I knew exactly what you would've been like. You loved Caleb and you always pushed for me to get engaged to -"

"Of course I loved Caleb. He was perfect for you but that didn't mean that I would've been pissed because you've broken up. Why did you break up?"

"We broke up because I walked in on him having sex with some blonde woman. And then he tried to deny that it wasn't what I thought it was,"

My mother got up out of her chair and pulled me up by my waist, hugging me close to her.

"So who's this guy?" She asked pointing at him.

I got out of the hug and replied. "This here is my... uh what are we exactly?"

I was confused as to what we were because I knew we were dating but I also knew that we weren't in an actual relationship because he hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend but then again we hadn't been together all that long and I'd rather go at a slow speed than too fast and end up heartbroken. Not that I love him.

Aaron got out and held out his hand for my mother to shake. Her only action was to glare at him and he put him hand back down. "I'm her boss and her," he scratched the back of his head and continued to speak. "Well I'm her friend."

"Hmm very well then." She turned to me and moved her head closer to mine. "I want to talk to you, now."

"Okay," I whispered back.

"Aaron can you give me and my mother some time alone please? Just so we can talk."

"Sure," He got up off the chair and walked over to my bedroom door, opening it and closing it quietly.

"I do not like this man. Who is he exactly? because by the look of him he doesn't look like the sort of guy you would go with."

"Mom you cannot judge him by his looks and clothes. And for the record he may not be the type I go for but look at where the type of men I usually like get me? They leave me heartbroken."

Caleb wasn't my only boyfriend, before him I dated a guy named Jace for four months and he was exactly like Caleb. Except he didn't cheat he just broke up with me because I wouldn't give him what he wanted.