CHAPTER SIX

Chapter  6 - Date.

I had a date soon and all I was currently doing was standing in front of the smallish mirror that we had making sure I looked decent for tonight. I had finished applying my makeup not so long ago and was hoping that it wouldn't sweat off by the end of the night. The look I went for was a mix of both vintage and natural. I used a light brown eye shadow and just applied one layer of mascara. There was no blusher on, just the small layer of bronzer and I finished the look off with a dark red lip, well more of a burgundy colour.

"Are you sure I look okay?"

"Sure, you look fine, stop worrying."

That was the thing I couldn't stop worrying. Ever since he asked me out I've had butterflies in my stomach. I was nervous, yet excited. But definitely more nervous. This would either go one of two ways; extremely bad, so bad that he won't want to see me again. Or really good, where he'll ask me out on another date. And if I'm honest I'm hoping for the latter.

"Tell me the truth, do you like it?"

Tonight was my date with Aaron. And yes, I was going on it. I just said that to wound him up. You know what people say 'Treat them mean and keep them keen.' I was showing Casey the dress I was wearing for it and to be honest I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I was wearing a black tight fitting, knee length dress which had a weird dark red floral pattern going down the side.

"Yes! You look amazing."

I blew out a massive breath and started to relax a bit. I was extremely nervous about this date. Heck I hadn't been on one in over seven years since Caleb was the only person who ever took me out on one, if you could call eating popcorn while watching the school football team from the bleachers a date.

"What's the time?" I asked Casey. Caleb was meant to be picking me up at half past seven and I wanted to make sure that I had enough time to prepare myself.

"You have five minutes"

Five minutes! Five minutes! Okay get your shit together Ava. Wait! Why am I having a conversation with myself? Okay, just breathe.

"Girl, you're going to be fine. I know you like him and he must like you. Also not all boys are like Caleb, some are different just like Michael."

"I know that, but Michael is completely different to Aaron. Sure, they kind of had the same player past, but Michael has manners and respect. Aaron on the other hand is a cocky arrogant sob,"

"What do you mean?" Casey replied with a confused expression on her face.

"Well, I mean. Michael has grown up. He's mature. Aaron still acts like a teenager. Remember Julio? Your ex boyfriend? He was full of himself. Thinking he was the god's gift; making the nerds do his homework, flirting with the cheerleaders, acting so polite in front of teachers, only to start on them once they left. He's like him. Only in a more professional way,"

Casey turned me around to face her.

"I guess I know what you're talking about. But look at Julio now. He owns his own business, volunteers in a charity shop and ended up coming out as gay three years ago all because he spent eighteen months in prison. "

"True. I still can't believe he managed to survive the whole eighteen months though," My mind started to go crazy with all different kind of thoughts. Mostly about fate. Fate. Like it was fate that Julio went to prison to realise he was gay. Like it was fate for me to move to London or maybe it was my fate to catch Caleb in the act. I didn't know for sure, but I was never one to disbelieve in anything. "Do you believe in fate?"