CHAPTER TWO

All the chapters of Mr CEO are being removed and will be replaced by the re-written version.

Chapter 2 - Not My Day

I sat at the round table, waiting for the coffee pot to finish so that I could dunk my custard creams into the warm, strong drink. Coffee was my one addiction and I seriously needed it every morning to help me get through the day just like any other coffee maniac.

Looking at my phone I saw that I had no new messages, or phone calls. Sighing, I took a sip of my coffee and went back to sitting on my own shaking like a leaf. Today was the day of my interview for the receptionist job at Lake Co Publishing; an independent publishing company who had contacts such as Almeria Star, the author of the 'Break My Heart' Series and Geoff Briggs, the author of three international best sellers; which I owned and loved. When I first saw the advertisement for the job I was shocked because I had always known of them and they were a great company by all standards. And I had to apply straight away!

You'd think after applying for more than thirteen different jobs that you'd get more than one reply, but no, I guess everyone was desperate for some sort of income these days especially with the recession that was going on. Every day the economy was going worse and sooner or later we'd all be forced into taking under paid jobs, just to get somewhere. I applied for a job as a cleaner, but apparently I was not what they were looking for. I also applied for a job in McDonalds but got turned down straight away because I was too qualified. Like, how can someone be too qualified? I can do the job just like any other worker there, but then again every time I had gone in there, there were always high school students working there.

Today was the tenth day since I had moved all the way from Michigan to London to live with my friend Casey and I couldn't have been happier. London was completely different to what I had grown up to. London was vibrant, loud and busy, while Michigan was just dull and boring. As well as noticing the differences between them I also realised what I had missed out on in life; Money, family and my friends. I even missed the fact of just being me; wanting a manicure every week and being there for all of my friends. And for once I didn't have to depend on my income for two people, I just had to work to earn for myself, and myself only. And with a job at Lakes Co Publishing I was sure to get a good income.

When I lived back in Barry County, Michigan I lived a reserved life. Sure I had friends at work, who were kind, caring and funny but I never went out with them. I didn't have the money because my job didn't pay all that well and the spare change I did have that may have bought me a glass of wine or two was used on Caleb for his obsessive car hobby, which to me was awfully childish since he was twenty nine years old.

Stupid, lazy cheating prick!

And I bet you're wondering how I got with someone like Caleb? He, of course was never like how he was now. He used to be chilled out and laid back, but there was also a control freak side to him that only came out when he felt like things were going to go wrong. But like we all know once you get older you change and become the person you truly are.

Caleb and I had been together since college. We met each other at a friend's party and we instantly hitted it off, but when he asked me out I turned him down. It's what me and my old friend Nancy used to call 'The one game'. Basically the idea was that if the boy kept trying to get you to go out with him then he's the one. And I actually thought that Caleb was. He tried for seven weeks to get me to go out with me. He made a massive banner saying 'Will you go out with me Anna?' once again I had said no, then he tried serenading me with an old but classic love song. Even though it was sweet I still said no, and after a few more attempts I finally said, yes. The date went well and we had been together every day since then, I guess I finally learned that even though love is good it can also be bad because sooner or later it will fuzz out and you'll be left feeling nothing for the one you used to love.