XXIV

I wake up only ten minutes before my training session with Finnick, when I see the time I jump out of bed, look for a hair tie and put my hair into a messy bun and put on some shoes.

I am about to open the door when I hear some noises outside, someone is up. I open the door only a bit, enough for me to see who is out there. I look at the dark halfway that leads to the bedrooms but see no one so I decide to venture a bit and go out of my room. I slowly close my door without making a sound and tiptoe walk until I reach the living room and the dining room.

I look around for a bit and see no one but then when I'm positive no one is there and about to keep going to the lift, I see a dark figure moving and my first instinct is to dive to the floor, behind the couch. It must have looked really funny, if someone had seen me, but luckily for me no one did.

As I see the figure pacing by the dining room, next to the huge window, the lights from outside light its face and that's when I see it's Ryle. I can't be sure, but I swear there are tears on his handsome face. Lots of girls liked him back in 2, his girlfriend is a girl named Zalie, she's suck a beauty too, one of the prettiest girls in our district, with chocolate brown hair and green eyes.

I actually feel bad for Ryle, now it's obvious he's crying because I can hear his whimpers, we are not friends or anything and we haven't really talked that much but I do care about him. I want to go out of my hidden place and comfort him but then I wouldn't be able to leave and meet with Finnick.

Ryle has his back facing me, and he has been looking out the window for a really long time, I decide it's now or never, so I stand up and start to walk as quietly as possible. I walk towards the lift without losing Ryle out of my eyesight, and it is a good decision I didn't because he turns around and paces again. I manage to hide just in time behind a really big vase with several flowers that help to hide me better from Ryle.

Luckily, Ryle turns to look out the window again, and in less than five seconds I'm out of the apartment, taking the chance to run out of there. I decide to not take the lift and risk getting caught while waiting for it so I take the stairs, it's not like I have to go down several floors so it's alright.

I don't run but I walk as fast as I can without making much noise, once in the basement where the gymnasium is, I slow down my pace and look for Finnick, he is just by the far right corner of the room looking at a weapon I have never really even tried to use, he is holding it in his hands like it is weightless but it actually weights a lot.

"Finnick." I say softly.

I see that in less than a second he has jumped and turned around to face me, he looks quite frightened but also a bit furious, he points the trident to me. He is so far away, he is on the other side of the room and that's probably why I don't try to run away from him. As soon as his now dark green eyes land on me, the rage visible in them just vanishes, and his eyes are back to their normal shade. He takes a couple of deep breaths and lets the trident slip from his big hands, it falls to the ground with a noisy thud.

"I'm sorry, Danie I'm so sorry, I do-don't kn..."

"It's okay." I say interrupting him. "You didn't do anything."

"But I could have." He says as he shakes his head and looks from the trident to me and back to the trident.

"It's fine Finnick, really. It's alright." I say as I take some steps towards him but not too many. "It's the games, right? They make you paranoid, am I right?"

"Yes." He says nodding. "I was ju-just remembering when I was in the arena and... I don't know, I guess I was too into the memory."

"You don't have to explain anything to me, it's fine. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."