XIX

We both stand up at the same time and go inside, it's only a bit warmer there, probably because there is no wind inside, but it's still pretty cold. We wait for the lift to come, and when it does we waste no time on getting inside.

"Do you still want to train?" Finnick asks me.

"Do you?"

"It's not about me, if you are up to train more these days then let's do it." Finnick says. "But if you don't want to, then that's fine too."

Tomorrow we will get our score from the private training sessions with the gamemakers, we will watch Caesar saying the score of each one of us as he announces to the Capitol and all the districts, besides that, there's nothing else to do. The day after, on Saturday, it's like our free day. On Sunday we have the day to prepare and get beautified again for our interviews. And then, on the next day it starts.

"Yeah, sure. I want to train a bit more." I say, almost as quiet as a whisper.

"Alright. Twice a day, does that sound good to you?"

"Yeah, it's perfect."

"We have to train at times other tributes won't train. I can't be seen with you." Finnick says. "So what about we keep the 5:00 a.m. sessions and we train at lunch time, at 2:00 p.m.."

"It's good for me." I say, we just reach floor number 5 then. "Thanks, for doing this for me."

"It's my pleasure." He says smiling at me.

The doors open, he walks to the entrance or in this case, the exit of the lift, very slowly. Like he is lingering to stay, but as he finally puts a foot out of the lift, he lets go of my hand, which falls abruptly by my side, and that's when I realize that we had been holding hands, I feel the emptiness and like something is missing, it's just very weird. I didn't even know my hand was in his until then.

"See you at 5:00 tomorrow, then." He says just turning slightly to look at me. "Good-night."

"Good-night Finnick." I say as the doors close, and the lift resumes its way down.

Once it has reached my floor, I walk out of it quite quickly. My whole body is freezing and I'm in need of warmer clothes, and gloves. My hands, the only part besides my face that is not covered by clothing, are numb from the cold.

"Where have you been?" Enebry's high pitch voice echoes in my ears. "We have been really worried about you."

'I doubt it.' I think.

"So?"

"Just around." I say awkwardly.

'I just spent the day with Finnick Odair, feel jealous now.' I say in my head.

They wouldn't believe me if I told them. They would probably laugh at me and think I'm mental or something. They would pity me, perhaps, it would be just a hilarious joke for them.

"You just can't keep disappearing like this. Last night you were out for two hours." Enebry exclaims.

"Leave her alone, Enebry." Lyme says. "She probably has a boy and doesn't want to tell us."

"It's really not that." I say, feeling my cheeks go red.

"Then what is it?" Brutus asks, joining the conversation.

"It's really nothing. I just like to walk around this place, and for some reason time just flies by. I think only a few minutes have passed but it's actually been longer than that."

"She usually likes to walk by the park." Another voice joins in. "She is mostly in her own world, it's pretty obvious her mind is somewhere else, it's kind of entertaining to watch her. She probably has been doing that here as well and that's why time goes by faster than she thinks."