Chapter 51 - A Peaceful Place

This chapter is a bit short, mostly due to internet problems, which prevented me from writing. I'm sad to inform you all that there are only a handful of chapters left. This book might be coming to an end before the 60th chapter, similar to my last book.

Song: A Cerulean State - Perhaps things had finally begun to move (Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added effect.)

Keegan's POV

A couple days passed and I decided it was finally time to return to school. Darby is very passionate that I get my education, so I felt like it was for the best. No one at school knew I tried taking my life, and I prefer it that way, it would keep things simple.

The first day I returned everyones eyes landed on me, or what seemed like everyones eyes anyway. They knew they'd done me wrong. They didn't even try to understand where I was coming from when they trampled over me. They got the drama they wanted and now they feel guilty?

I dropped the subject from my head. I didn't want to get caught up on something that could pick at my brain for who knows how long. During first period my teachers welcomed me back from my break and hoped I was feeling better, which I was honestly surprised by. They never really seemed to pay attention to their students.

The homework Theo brought home for me everyday kept me busy for awhile but him and Charlie would always come over and help, despite them being in different grades. When we weren't playing games or watching movies we would be finishing our homework, and all of them were equally as fun, that being cause of Theo and Charlie. I don't know if I'd be as comfortable around Theo as I would be without Charlie around. I'd feel awkward with it being just the two of us. Despite forgiving him for turning on me I still wasn't fully over it yet. I want to forget about it but part of me just wont let it go. I'm sure it would be the same for most people in my position, but I really did want to move on. I can see that he's doing his best to make up for it. He takes it upon himself to make breakfast for me whenever Darby doesn't get around to it, heck he even offers to make breakfast in her place just so he can cook for me. It makes me very happy.

To my surprise I decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch. I'd been planning on passing it up for the whole day or at least what's passed anyway. Theo's eyes landed on me as I entered the cafeteria, with "his friends" eyes following soon behind. They sat there silently, their mouth parted as if they wanted to speak but had no words. Theo patted the seat next to him with a warm smile as he waited patiently for me to come over. I hesitantly trudged over, feeling the weight of a two ton boulder dragging behind me. I took a seat beside Theo not uttering a word, neither did they. While the rest of the room was much abuzz the area around this table was dead silent.

It was awhile before anyone spoke, but it was Brandon who finally did break the silence. "Keegan, I'm... We're sorry for not believing you." He tried. I didn't respond.

"I know you must be upset with us but we're truly sorry. Me in particular. The way I threatened you wasn't acceptable." Ash apologized.

"Look, I want to forgive you guys... but something like this wont just wash over. I can't go on pretending like nothing ever happened. This whole situation is far more complicated than you know." My words came out sounding as cold as ice, but it was all true. I could see Theo react to my words but couldn't read his expression.