Chapter 48 - BUSTED

[inserts reasons for being late here] Thank you guys for all the wonderful comments and votes!

Keegan's POV

"Alright, well I have to get to school. As much as I want to stay here with you my mom won't be pleased if I skip a day." Theo informed after just returning to the room.

"Promise me you won't try anything when I'm gone." He said, gripping the frame of his bedroom door. I didn't respond.

"Promise me Keegan." He repeated.

"I-I'll try." I murmured, not meeting his eyes. A frown crossed his face. I don't know why, but it made me feel guilty. Are my actions really effecting him this much? Does he actually care about me as much as he makes it seem?

Theo left, and the doctor he had mentioned showed up. Darby came to the room to make sure everything was going well as he patched me up. It would have been painful getting all the stitches but he gave me numbing medicine. There was little small talk between us but nothing important. His manner of speaking was very kind and polite. He didn't bother asking how I received the cuts and bruises, which I was grateful for. Everything went well and the doctor told me to get some rest. He gave me a bottle of painkillers before heading out. The numbing medicine made me tried so I eventually fell asleep, cuddled against Theo's covers.

A few hours passed by the time I opened my eyes. The sunny blue sky had faded into a dim gray one. I carefully stood from the bed, wiping my eyes. I walked over to the window, only to realize it was raining. The feeling of being inside such a cozy house while its pouring out was very comforting. Seeing the rain after yesterday was pretty downing though.

I was getting a little bored hanging in Theo's room so I decided to explore the house a little. Darby and Theo seemed okay with me being here, so it couldn't hurt to walk around, right?

I stepped out into the hall still in Theo's oversizes clothes. The sweatpants fit, the shirt however was baggy, hanging below my hips. I walked over to Charlie's door but remembered he was still in school. Instead I made my way downstairs into the living room. A wonderful aroma caressed my nose as I reached the bottom of the steps. I heard noises coming from the kitchen, it sounded like something frying on the stove. I crept over to towards the kitchen and the wonderful smell. As I looked around the corner I saw Darby standing next to the stove frying vegetables of all colors in one of her cute frying pans. I guess I wasn't as quiet as I thought cause she heard my approach and turned to meet me.

"Oh Keegan dear, how are you feeling?" She asked as she strode over.

"I uh... I'm feeling a lot better actually. I think the sleep helped." I answered, feeling a little shy.

"That's wonderful! I was just cooking up something for everyone to eat, of course the others wont be back for awhile but I figured you might be hungry soon so I started early." She said with pep. She was thinking about me? The only other person who's ever done this for me was Theo, oh and Sandra more recently, so it was a little unusual.

"You really don't mind me staying here?" I asked her.