Chapter 49 - A Brighter Tomorrow

I apologize for not updating last week. I got sick and it lasted longer than expected. Thank you for all of the get well messages by the way! I've been out of the writing loop for a little too long so keep in mind that my skills may be a little rusty.

Picture of Shaine (Elizabeth Gillies)

Theo's POV

School ended. Alayne was nowhere on school grounds so I assumed she went home. The school was in so much chaos after what happened at lunch. All of our friends looked lost, soulless, as if they were hit over their heads with a brick. Seeing this was all too familiar, it was the same for me after all, only, I took it much worse. Having someone you trust so integrated in your life only to find out they've been lying to you for who knows how long can be an extreme shocker, especially if you put your trust in them over someone else, someone like Keegan.

Stepping outside, seeing the green and feeling the warm breeze against my skin reminded me that summer break was right around the corner. Knowing that I can spend more time with Keegan made me happy, I would be able to mend the pain I've caused him, or some of it at least.

Before I headed home there was one thing I had left to do.

"Charlie, do you mind taking the bus back home?" I asked on our way to the parking lot.

"Why, you finally getting tired of having me around?" He snarked.

"No, its not that, I just... I have to go tell Keegan's boss he may not be able to come in for awhile." I explained. Charlie nodded in understanding before getting in the car.

"We going?" He asked looking through the window.

"Wait, I just said..." I started, but my sentence fell short as Charlie watched me blandly through the glass.

"I want to see where Keegan works." He said. I just sighed and got in the car.

"Alright, just don't complain to me when you get bored." I warned him.

The place was calm when we arrived, with very few cars around. Charlie and I got out of the car and headed for the entrance. The door bell went off as we entered. I'd forgotten it was there, its been awhile since I've last been to Keegan's work place.

"Welcome!" Keegan's boss of which I forgot the name of came over,  greeting us.

"Oh, I remember ya!" She exclaimed, raising a finger.

"You're Keegan's friend, arent'cha?" She asked after a moment of pondering.

"Uh yeah." I confirmed. We're friends, aren't we? I'd like to think so.

"Is he here with ya? Its almost time for him to come in." She asked, studying a piece of paper on her clipboard.