Chapter 9: Emily didn't know shit

“Are they fucking insane?! Me killing an entire village? It’s an insane mission and they want to hire, me?! A 15, almost 16 year old kid! They’re crazy!” Storm was just talking to himself out loud, trying to assess the situation and trying to figure out what would make April’s boss ask him and not one of his own killers. The door opened and Emily was thrown in. The man who threw her in yelled at her, “Get in there you whiny little bitch!”  Emily was on the floor crying and shirtless; her back was covered in scars and open wounds. She stood up and covered her breasts by crossing her arms. “Emily...I’m sorry, I couldn’t stop them... I couldn’t help you...”  “It’s ok Storm... what the hell did you do to get us into this?” “I didn’t do anything! This guy is just a son of bitch! He’s using you to get to me.” Emily walked over to him. “T-to get to you? Why would he want to get you?”  Storm sighed and took a deep a breath. “I didn’t want to tell you this, but I’m a gun for hire. I get paid to kill people. In fact today, I’ve killed 11 people. 10 of which were cops.” Emily stepped back and her arms dropped. “You’re a killer... my boyfriend is a killer... is there anything else you haven’t told me!?” “I’m not human.” Emily looked up at him terrified and tears rolling down her face. “What? What the fuck are you then?!”  Storm’s wings suddenly appeared and he looked at the ground, ashamed. “You.... you’re an angel?” “NO! I’m a fucking Valkaryie!”