Chapter 3: 20 minutes

“I’ll need to know when and where.”  Melianna looks down and doesn’t say anything. “I know I have to tell you, but I don’t want to...” “Why don’t you want to tell me?” “It’s my men that are his security. And I don’t want them to die.” Storm sighs then sits in the chair opposite of her. “Why did you put your men on security detail if you knew they we’re going to die?” “I didn’t know that they we’re gonna die when I assigned them to security! I don’t want to put them in this situation but I have no choice. If I don’t then....” “Then what?”

3 hours later.

“Damn. I only have 20 minutes. Let’s see.... 20 minutes, 10 police, and 1 government official. 1 chance.” Storm crouches on a roof top hiding. Waiting for the perfect time to strike. He looks at his watch. 6:30 pm. 17 minutes till show time. “Melianna is counting on me. I have to do this for her and.... No. Focus on the task ahead of you Storm. Don’t think of the consequences. Think of the job and how you can do it. Try not to make a mess.” He looks at his watch again. 6:47. “Show time” Storm stands and he grabs a sword and puts it in a dark green sheath. He attaches it to his belt and then stands on the edge of the rooftop. “Let’s do this.” And he jumped off the building, plummeting to the city streets below.

As he fell, the air that blew past him as he fell, blew his black hair back, spiking it up. He spread his arms and closed his eyes, and then his wings appeared. His beautiful white wings that spread 5 feet on each wing. This is one of the reasons that Valkaryies are mistaken for Angels. He flew up the building on the other side of the street. Luckily for him, the humans are inside for supper at this time. This time he forgot to check to see if there were humans on the street below. If there were, he would risk exposing Valkaryies to the world. Before he kept moving towards his target, he looked down at the street below to check for humans. He couldn’t tell if they we’re humans or another species, but there were people down there. They were looking up to the sky, looking for something. “Damn.” Storm ran towards his targets location, which was only 2 minutes away, but it would take 1 minute away from his window of attack. As he arrived at his destination, he looked down at his target and guards. Storm jumped down and used his wings to slow his descent. He landed softly behind them without being detected. He pulled out his sword and stabbed the closest guard in the heart. Storm smirked then thought, “Hm. No vests. Thanks Melianna.” This definitely caught the guards and the official’s attention.  Two of the guards try to take the official to safety and the other 7 take out their guns and aim at Storm.