Plague Part 8

Madison's perspective in her life:

Chapter 8: Whispers in Silence

That night, Vanessa and I went into her room after dinner. Her mom had to tell Vanessa's other brothers, Victor and Vincent, that Vaughn had passed away. It was the saddest dinner that I had ever had to experience.

I was still starving after dinner but I chose not to complain. We walked upstairs into Vanessa's room. We sat down on her bed. Then we laid down and not a word was spoken. Silence. We stared at the ceiling with nothing to say. No more words were there to speak. We just took in all that had happened that day, and we finally came to our senses.

After I had closed my eyes at last, Vanessa broke the silence.

"So... Do you still like One Direction and My Chemical Romance?"

"I will always like them," I replied matter-of-factly.

"I wonder where they are at now that we have to go into hiding. What do you think they are doing at this very moment?" Vanessa asked with sincere questioning in her voice.

"That's a good question. I bet Niall is trying to cope with the fact that he can't get Nandos whenever he wants."

That made Vanessa laugh. Laughs don't occur too often, but when they do it is really nice to hear.

"Yeah, and I bet that Gerard is probably freaking out now that he can't dye his hair whenever he wants," Vanessa replied in a comedic manner.

"Ha...Ha," I said with sarcasm.

"We'll good night bestie," Vanessa said.

"Good night," I replied back to the person I spent all of my childhood with.

And that was the end of the first pleasant conversation that I had insured in weeks at least. It felt good to be with Vanessa again. I don't know how I made it two years without her. Now I won't ever have to worry about being away from her again because I don't think that I could make it two weeks without her now that I know what I was missing out on.

Kyles perspective in his life:

Chapter 8: Just Visiting

It was 11:00am and I was getting ready to go to my Grandma and Grandpas' house. I put Chase in his kennel and hid him once more. I walked up my creaking stairs, I pulled my Nikes on, I opened the door and began down the driveway as stealthily as I possibly could. I put the car into ignition and drove.

When I reached their house I knocked on the door. But to my surprise, nobody answered. I began panicking immediately. I grabbed the spare key that I had with me on my key chain and unlocked the door, stepped inside, then locked the door again behind me.

I heard a scream of surprise and pain. It was Grandpa.

"KYLE! IS THAT YOU?!"

"IM COMING! DON'T WORRY!"

I ran down the stairs at top speed- well about as fast as I could go without falling over. My Grandpa was in the cellar just as he was the last time I saw him. I looked down at his leg and saw he got bit.

"Oh my god."

My Grandpa was going to die in a matter of minutes. He whispered a couple of words to me.

"Go see Adam. He is at Stony River. He will show you the IFA. I love you Kyle."

"I love you too Grandpa."

By this point he was laying on the cold stone ground. Half of his tears were dried on his face. The other half were still streaming out of his eyes. The blood just kept flooding out of his leg. My Grandfathers eyes shut just as his chest stopped moving up and down. As if there wasn't enough going on at the moment, there were zombies coming down the stairs. I pulled out the gun I had in my back pocket and shot them.

I saw my Grandmother had been dead when I got there already. They must have gotten to her first.

I thought about what my Grandpa said. What is the I.F.A? Who is Adam? What will happen? Am I going to make it to Adams alive?

These questions swarmed through my brain like fish in the sea. They just kept continuing to swim. They would bump into the the sides of my skull until I had a massive headache.

I took my Grandparents' bodies and gave them one last hug and started towards the front door until I gave it a second thought. They would want their bodies to be in better spots. So I took them both and put them in their bed. So they could truly live up to the, "Rest In Peace," phrase. Then I started towards the front door once more. I locked up the house and walked down the driveway.

When I turned the car on I asked my GPS to find Stoney River so I could get to Adam as soon as possible. I wanted to know what the I.F.A was. Did my Grandpa have a plan for me? Will it help me? I guess I will just have to wait and find out once I get to Stoney River.

There I will await my destiny. The key to all survival would be discovered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Both of my surgeries went well. I'm extremely sorry about not updating. I have been and still am, very sore for the past week. Then of all times that this could happen, my computer crashes. What great luck. My dad hurried up and saved my book to a hard drive and I'm uploading this under some....lets say.....difficult circumstances. Hopefully the wait was well worth it. Starting Monday I should be updating everyday because I will update on a laptop with a flash drive. Remember to rate, comment, follow, add to your library and most importantly give feedback! Let me know what you thought of everything you read!

~ maddy (mcr2107)