Plague Part 4 1/2

Madison's Perspective in her Life:

Chapter 4: Susan's Visitor

I awoke one morning- I didn't know what day of the week it was- the same way that I always did, completely famished. Oh, and did I mention that I have a younger sister? Well, I do, her name is Susan. Susan can be annoying, very annoying for that matter. But, I love her and I know that she knows that. Even if sometimes I don't necessarily show it off to the world. Susan is 6 years old and she is only 3 1/2 feet tall. My parents think that there is something wrong with her but I don't think anything about it other than the fact she is probably just really short and always will be really short. She has sleek and blonde hair, blue eyes, scraped knees and small chubby feet.

This one specific morning I was ignoring Susan because she had taken my blanket and ripped it. It was one of the only materialistic things that I had left to remind me of happier times. I don't think that I truly have any items from when I was a baby that really remind me what the world should be made up of. Love, friends and happiness.

I had sat down in my room and got a puzzle out of my closet to distract me from the fact that I felt starved. I suddenly felt like one of those poor and helpless kids that they showed on TV to promote a charity or something like that. I had done that puzzle a million times, well, a million and one now. After I finished the puzzle I walked into the kitchen.

The windows in the kitchen had been barred shut so that the, "infected," would have no chance to get into the house. The table I sat at had a checkered table cloth that was stained with blood. I could just smell the rotted bodies I had consumed at that moment. I felt a movement in the pit of my stomach. I vomited across the table. The smell was putrid. It was not the smell of food; it was the smell of acid. I knew in a moment that it was my stomach acids.

At that moment I heard a distinct, "Click." I had heard this sound before and understood exactly what it was.....

Kyle's Perspective in his Life:

Chapter 4: Chasing Chase

I searched for my dog, Chase. I looked under my bed, on the couch, and under the kitchen table. There was only one place I hadn't searched, and that place was the basement. I walked down the beige carpeted stairs. The stairs creaked with each step I took. I could feel the temperature get colder as I descended into my basement.

I couldn't see Chase anywhere. I called for him but there was no reply. If he wasn't in plain sight then he must have been hidden. I knew of one spot that nobody would ever be able to find. There was a secret compartment in the wall behind the reclining chair.

As I approached the chair all of these memories flooded into my mind of when me and my sister Katie would play hide and seek. This was the perfect spot. I moved the chair and slid open the door. There I saw Chase in his kennel. I unlocked him and hugged him tight. Even though it had only been a couple of hours since I had last seen him; it felt like I hadn't seen him in weeks. His soft, warm, white fur rubbed against my cold, rough skin.

Tears of joy streamed down my face. Each drop dampening Chase's fur a little more. He seemed happy to see me too because he licked my face. That made me feel like everything was normal. Being with him is just like being with a family member. Because, in a sense, he is my family member. As of right now, he's the only one I have.

He is my life-long companion. I know that he will never leave my side. Especially in a time like this. He can only make matters better, not worse.

Even when things seem like they will never get better, just look to a friend. Even if your friend can't talk, they can listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm really glad that people are reading! Let me know in the comments any suggestions that you have (post more, less, more descriptive, etc). Rate the story 1-10. If you have any questions don't be discouraged to ask! I will gladly answer anything you guys have to ask. How did you guys like the twist ending with Susan? ;) remember to vote, comment, and favorite please. THANK YOU!!!!