Plague

Madison's Perspective:

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

I am Madison Delahum, a 13 year old girl who lives in a world where death looks you straight in the eye every second of your life. This was all made possible when disaster struck in 2010.

Towards the end of 2010, the H1N1 flu was discovered. By 2011 the highest standard of scientists were studying this disease only to find that it will kill you slowly and painfully. It has many side affects such as high fever, coughing or nasal secretions, fatigue and headache, nausea, vomiting, and cramps in your mid-section. Anybody that had these symptoms needed to be rushed to the nearest hospital immediately. The patients slowly were creeping into complete loss of their sanity because there had been no medication to treat this raging infection.

Scientists worked day in and day out looking for something to stall the effects long enough to find a cure; this is when Dormanico was created. The prescription drug provided a short term counteraction to the ever-spreading infection. It didn't cure any patients, but it did what it was meant to do.

In mere weeks a vaccination was legal to give out. The patients began to have odd and different symptoms while on the new miracle drug such as bleeding profusely with even the slightest of contact with another person, passing out because of air pressure changes, slipping into comas, and many others. Then, out of nowhere, the ill went completely psycho. They would chew their own flesh, their pupils were always dilated, they had a complete loss of balance some could hardly even walk. Other people attempted to eat themselves alive if they hadn't already killed someone else. Many nurses were attacked when moving throughout hospital rooms to distribute the medication. The medicine worked for about a week, symptoms slowly started subsiding. Within a month the illness was back and even worse than before. It wasn't safe to be around them any longer. The government decided it would be best to kill everyone infected which had worked until they couldn't keep up with how fast it was spreading. Things got so out of hand that nobody could control them anymore. The only option left was to go into hiding.

No electricity and no sunlight, little did we know it would put "them," into a crazy rampage. Terror walks down the street before I go to bed and will still be there in the morning. My family, friends, and neighbors turned into frantic beasts. They are by no means human anymore and they won't rest until they are human again. They won't sleep until the human race is completely wiped out and not a trace of positive life can be found on the whole entire Earth. That is how it seems to me although I know they have no use over their mind.

Who knows, maybe one day, the humans will die out and "they," will get what we have always feared. I want to walk into someone's house without being scared of dying. Humans used to be able to walk around in broad daylight without being shot at or shooting at something.

We all live in a day-to-day, real life horror film. My life relies on someone else's death.

Kyle's perspective in his life:

Chapter 1: The Last Resort Gun

Nobody was expecting it. It was a stormy day. It hadn't yet rained, but you could tell that it was going to rain hard.

I was sitting in my grandparents' living room. Something just wasn't right. There was an eerie feeling in the air. Something made my stomach tie itself into knots. I sat on their couch and watched Channel 7 Action News. The reporter looked extremely worried. This just wasn't normal; her voice was panicked and hurried.

"I am here to announce that there has been a plague. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. Please evacuate immediately. If you are not near shelter, find the nearest building and hide inside," she announced.

"QUICK! KYLE GET INTO THE BASEMENT NOW!" Screamed my grandfather. I didn't question it, I just followed him down the narrow staircase that lead to their basement. He lead me to a small room. The room had been boarded up so that no intruder could ever get in.

He unboarded the door and unlocked it with the key he had in his back pocket. He then lead me to a large wooden chest in the back left-hand corner of the room. This he also unlocked this but this time with a small silver key. The top of the chest opened with a creek, "EEKKKK." it was packed from top to bottom with machine guns, bebe guns, hand guns, all kinds of guns. He handed me one specific gun that was located on top. It was a silver gun with a wooden handle. It looked very old fashioned and used. It held 6 rounds.

"Kyle, only use this as a last resort. Your life must be at risk," my grandpa said.

I agreed that the gun would be safe with me. I wouldn't use the bullets unless I 100% needed them. I told my grandfather that I had to get home as soon as I could. I needed to be with my family if there was an evacuation in place. They might leave without me if I don't get there in time. I couldn't let that happen so I shoved the gun into my back pocket.

Please comment and favorite if you liked it. If you guys comment that you like it I will post the next chapter. Thank you I hope you enjoyed. I'm

looking forward to posting more.