Chapter 7

The first day of Luke being back home sucked. Not for me, but for him. He felt like absolute shit and could hardly move a muscle without complaint. "I'm supposed to shower..." he said, slowly.

"Do you feel up to it?" I asked. He shrugged. I dug through my bag to get my bottle of medication but then remembered that it was gone. I really need to get more. I sighed and dropped the empty bottle back into my bag.

"It's going to hurt." he finally answered.

"I know... But I believe you can. And you should. You smell sort of bad." I admitted, trying not to giggle. He frowned and glared at me

"Thanks..." he muttered. "Are you out of pills?" he asked, turning to looking at me. My eyes widened, realizing that he had noticed.

"Yeah, but I'm probably going to get more this weekend or something."

"Aren't you supposed to take those every day?"

"It's not a big deal. I'll get more tomorrow." I said and he nodded, rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

"Can you sit on the bathtub while I'm in there? Just in case I fall and die or something?"

"Of course I can. But for the record, I really doubt that you'll die." I said, climbing off of his bed. He pushed the covers off of himself and I pulled on his hands to help him sit up. He winced once all of his weight hit the ground. "It's ok..." I whispered, rubbing his back. I helped him pull his shirt off, over his head and tossed it into the laundry hamper. I sat down on the edge of the bathtub and read the back of a soap bottle as Luke stripped down the rest of the way and climbed carefully into the shower.

"Can you sing something?" he asked.

"I can't sing."

"Yes you can. I've heard you sing before."

"When?"

"In the car." he said.

"That doesn't count. There's music playing in the background in the car."

"It does too count. Please, Lay"

"Fine." I grumbled, starting to sing my favorite song at the moment, Fourth of July by Fall Out Boy.

"See, that was lovely." Luke said once I finished. "Um..." he grunted and then there was a quiet thud on the edge of the shower door.

"Luke, are you ok?"

"Uh... I can't... I can't reach my back. Like, it hurts to reach over my shoulder really badly."

"Do you want me to help you?" I asked.

"Mm-hmm." I pulled my clothes off quickly, dropping them in a pile on his bathroom floor. I pushed the curtain back slowly and he already had his eyes on me.

"Look, if this was just a joke to get me to-"

"It wasn't, Layla. I seriously can't reach my back because of this piece of shit." he said pointing to the angry red line that was covered in stitches running down his stomach. "Mmm, you are beautiful though." he groaned, rubbing his hands down my hips carefully. I smirked and removed his hands from my body.

"That probably shouldn't be so red. You should put some of that ointment on it when we get out." I said, gently brushing over his scar with my fingers and he flinched. "It's ok... Turn around." I said. "Body wash or bar soap?"

"Body wash." he said. I nodded and lifted the bottle of blue body wash off of the shelf in the shower. I poured some into my hands and started rubbing it over his back. He groaned and lost his posture slightly. I smiled and rubbed my hands even slower over his back.