Chapter One

May 5th, 2017

Southside Jamaican Queens, NY

11:37 A.M.

Onika Tanya Williams

"Come on baby. We're going to be late.", Meek said.

"When you start carrying a baby then, you can rush me."

Let me get you guys caught up. Me and Meek got married on my birthday last year and we've been extremely happy. I've gained 17 pounds due to the baby, but Meek makes sure my self-esteem is high. Fah and Meek are doing joint custody. I'm almost 9 months pregnant. Just 2 more days and our baby will be here. Sherika and Tak were secretly engaged and got married in January. She's now 4 months pregnant.

"Did Fah take Pap to school?", I asked.

"Yeah. I'm picking him up."

I got down the stairs and I grabbed Meek's arm.

"I'm tired already."

We walked out the house and Meek helped me get in the car.

"Why can't we take the Ferrari?"

"We gotta pick up the dogs from the groomers after this. Titan isn't as small as he used to be."

"You not kidding."

I sat back and started rubbing my stomach.

"That's daddy's job."

He pushed my hand away and started rubbing my stomach.

"If you don't get in this car and drive me to my appointment."

"Sam not going to mind."

"But I do. Let's go."

-

We walked in and Meek signed me in. He sat down beside me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Did you put snacks in your bag?", I asked.

"Yeah. Here.", he said and handed me the bag.

I unzipped it and took out 3 Hershey Bars and 4 Kit-Kats.

"Onika.", Sam said.

Meek helped me up and we walked to the room. I sat down in the chair and Meek sat down beside me.

"So, how's everything been going? Meek keeping you stress free?"

"I haven't had stress since I was 2 months pregnant."

Meek would come home late and I would think something bad happened to him.

"That's awesome. The less stress, the better. Let's see how the baby is doing."

I lifted up my shirt and he put the gel on and moved the probe around.

"There we go."

Me and Meek looked and we both smiled.

"Our baby is going to be a big one.", Meek said and I laughed.

"This is your last appointment. How'd you like being pregnant?", Sam asked.

"I'm not going to lie, I hated it some times and I liked it. Me eating all the time, sleeping all the time, having attitude all the time, and being moody all the time. That's not going to be missed."

"You did a great job. Your baby was always healthy. Which is a great thing. Not everybody is like that."

"I was on top of her eating and sleeping.", Meek said.