Talking with littlemisslightwood

Today I am chatting up littlemisslightwood. In case you can't tell from her username, this one is a fangirl at heart, and this comes through in her writing. She is best known for her teenlock, 'My Ocean', a cleverly written piece that will leave it's reader's begging for more, but she has also written a very sweet Sherlock oneshot that is a must read. Go check her out, she's spectacular!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go!! Interview time!!

1. What is the first story you have ever written?

The first story I ever wrote was probably my Harry Potter fanfiction. It was written about lily Luna potter's Hogwarts experience. To this day, it is still not finished, and never will be... It is written extremely poorly, and the plot line makes me cringe... Only a few people alive have read it... We do not speak of this story...

2. How did you come up with the plot line for My Ocean?

Well, one of my friends started writing Johnlock... @MrRedHat: A Study In Boredom) so I thought I would give it a go. But I knew I wouldn't be happy with just romance as the plot (as some fics are), I had to have a mystery or something else in there. And therefore, My Ocean was born!

3. Do you plan to make writing your full time occupation or is it more of a hobby?

It's more of a hobby, but I am writing my own novel which if I ever finish it, I would love to get it published.

4. How do you fix your writer's block?

I usually just stop writing until I'm nagged by my friends/fans and then I HAVE to write something. Then I usually get back into the swing of it.

5. What styles and genres of writing do you prefer?

I prefer writing first person POV because that is always what comes naturally to me. If I made a big effort, I could change to third, but halfway through sentences i would probably unconsciously change.

My genres for writing are usually fan fiction... And inside that it is mystery and fantasy...

For reading, I love fantasy hands down, I love to escape this boring piece of reality at times.

6. What is your favourite Wattpad novel?

At the moment, I love 'Dorm 221B' by@MrRedHat and you,@scarlettheart

7. What is your favourite published novel?

There's too many!  I guess my all time favourite would be Harry Potter because it is one of the things that has got me where i am today. Without Harry Potter I doubt I would still have my avid love of reading and my amazing friends I have now, because most of the time it's our love and feels of Harry Potter that bonded us in the first place.

8. What do you hope Wattpad will be like for you this time next year?

Hopefully, I’ll still be writing... Maybe I would have finished My Ocean! I would also like it to be somewhere near the top of the Johnlock list. Not first because that is unrealistic, but near the top would be superb. I would also love to have a number of stories on the go by next year, :)

9. Do you base any of your characters on real people?

No, not really... I do base traits of characters on real people though. For instance, John always smelling like chlorine is based off you (@scarlettheart ). And Sherlock's bleak view of life and derogatory view of almost everyone else is kind of based on me. ;)  (at least I admit it). Also, sometimes I base circumstances in my stories off real life ones.

10. Where do you get your inspiration?

I'm not really sure... My head? I just write what I would love to read, and hope that everyone else likes it too.

11. What does writing mean to you?

Is a way for me to express my occasional bursts of creativity, and through writing I hope to achieve something for others to enjoy.

12. How did you discover Wattpad?

Well, actually it's a relatively funny story. You created me an account just so that you could make me vote for all of our friends’ stories! I ended up reading them all anyway and even using the account to post my own... So if anyone hates the fact that I am on Wattpad, blame @scarlettheart :P

13. If you could live as a character in one of your stories, who would it be?

None of them. Honestly... My characters ALWAYS have a dark and mysterious side and none of my characters have what I'm looking for in life. Whether it be they are suffering with abuse, drug addictions, depression, or whatever, I wouldn't wish that on anyone besides my characters, because I know they're not real, and I can create a saviour or a cure to their unhappiness. So therefore, I don't wish for anyone, including myself, to actually want to be my characters. However, I would like to have some of their traits, like Sherlock’s deduction skills. Some of my readers are probably wondering where some of those fit into my story... But I have dark things in mind for the future.

14. Where is your favourite place to write?

I don't really have one! I write anywhere that I am comfortable...but it usually has to be away from heaps of commotion or more interesting things that I could be doing. Anyway, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to chat to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for today's interview and may the writing gods be ever in your favour. (And I don't always smell like cholrine ...)