Talking with voif1d

This interview was conducted with voif1d, author of The Dragon of Legend Series. With well over 1,000 fans she is already well recognised for her talents. Her fantastic plots and characters keeps readers intrigued and I would definately recommend them to all fans of fantasy and adventure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. What is the first story you have ever written?

If I remember correctly it was a story to do with two sisters, not related by blood though, that lived in the jungle. I can’t remember what the plot was or if it even had one but I remember I had fun when I started to write it.

2. How did you come up with the plot line for the Dragon of Legend?

Well, I used to think of dragons as just fierce, untamable creatures. Then I saw Eragon and the idea of dragons and riders being able to communicate and being treated as pretty much equals, intrigued me. However, the movie also made me decide not to write about dragons because after it began to notice more and more dragon stories around and so I purposely tired to avoid the topic completely because I thought it was too common.

A year later I randomly jotted down a chapter. I left it at that for another year and then posted in on wattpad just because I was curious as to what reaction it would get. When people asked me to post more I sat down and just began to randomly write with absolutely no idea where the story was going to go, the plot kind of developed from there.

3. Do you plan to make writing your full time occupation or is it more of a hobby?

At the moment it is more of a hobby than anything else. I am still debating on if I want to go into it fulltime, though at the moment it doesn’t look like it.

4. How do you fix your writer's block?

I just sit down and write. I know it sounds hard but it really isn’t. Once you start typing ideas just start to flow. Sometimes it helps to have music on in the background.

5. What styles and genres of writing do you prefer?

Anything to do with fiction really, however, fantasy has been the most fun and has been the only genre in which I have managed to get myself to finish books. I also prefer the third person view as so far I have found it easier to write in.

6. What is your favorite Wattpad novel?

To be honest I haven’t had time to read any recently. However, from my last reads I would have to say that I really enjoyed “Fabulous Terrible: The Adventures of You” by Sophie Talbot. However, usually my favorite is always the book I am reading at the time.

7. What is your favorite published novel?

I don’t really have an overall favorite. It usually changes from book to book as I read. However, one that I would say is definitely up there with the ones I enjoyed the most was “Lord of The Rings” by J.R.R. Tolkien,that said, it has been ages since I read it. I also absolutely loved “Run Baby Run” by Nicky Cruz.

8. What do you hope Wattpad will be like for you this time next year?

I hope my readers will enjoy my upcoming stories as much as they have the DOL series. Other than that, I hope that wattpad grows even more popular by next year and that more people are able to enjoy everything it has to offer.

9. Do you base any of your characters on real people?

Not that I can think of, maybe unconsciously some similarities may have slipped in.

10. Where do you get your inspiration?

Music, everyday things, movies, books. Anything around me really. Most of the time when something happens my mind instantly tries to analyze how I could turn the event into a story.

11. What does writing mean to you?

It is the time I can get lost in my own world, when I can sit down and watch a story unfold before me. I absolutely love it. If I can find a spare moment I’ll usually sit down and start to write.

12. How did you discover Wattpad?

I was previously on another writing site, and yet writing was just a small section of it. Not many people took part in the story writing process so I deleted my account. A year later a friend mentioned wattpad as he read stories on there. At first I visited the site only to read and yet at some point I couldn’t resist and created my own account and began to upload.

13. If you could live as a character in one of your stories, who would it be?

That’s a tough one. At the moment I would choose either Gina or Akira. Akira because of her drive that gets her through numerous situations even when no one thinks she’ll pull through and Gina because she will always stand by those she holds dear no matter what.

14. How do you invent or source the names for your characters?

Some names are names I heard around, either in movies, books or because someone I met has that name. They just stuck in my head, both because I liked them and because they were uncommon, such as Akira. Other names, such as Redemption, just seemed to pop in my head as they fit to the character. However, I admit that sometimes, when I am completely lost, I’ll just look up lists of names on the internet and take my pick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the great interview and we look forward to continued greatness.