Chapter 9

Hey guys... Here's chapter 9 and I hope you like it!

School starts on Monday which means that I wont update as often as I do now, but hopefully they'll be good enough to make up for that.

Anyways, I really hope you like this one and let me know what you think. Even though I don't have a lot of comments, they mean so much and they make me want to write more. My first story didn't get a good response at all and it made me unsure so I stopped writing it. Sometimes I think that I wont write this to the end either but I'm hoping that I will! 

So anyways, I just wanted to make that clear.

Vote, comment, fan, like! :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prayed that he was going to turn left and walk to the shop. I didn’t want to warn Jessica because he probably would listen in. As he came closer, Jessica realized that someone was coming and turned around to look only to glance at me with wide eyes. I glanced at Drake who was now standing up, his hands into fists and staring intensely at Cameron’s back. Or glaring, that’s more like it.

“I never got the chance to say hi,” Cameron said once he was close enough. In my opinion, he stood a little too close. Jessica looked awkward, just standing there and looking at us. I scoffed inside; yeah right he hadn’t gotten a chance to say hi… There had been plenty of times he could’ve come up to me and said hi. I knew he was doing this for a particular reason.

“Well, hi, then,” I said, pressing out a light laughter that sounded so fake that I immediately blushed of embarrassment for doing that. Gosh, I was such a bad actress; I needed to work on that.

“So you ladies just going to stand here?” he asked, and I couldn’t help my eyes from quickly glancing at his body.

“Yep, just stand here,” I answered. Why wasn’t Jessica speaking?! She knew how I felt about Cameron and yet she didn’t save me. She just kind of stood there, looking around but I could see on her face that she was distracted, as if listening for something… Oh my God! She was totally mind-talking to someone! I shot her a glare but she didn’t see it and I looked back at Cameron with an innocent smile.

“So, are you having fun?” I asked, sighing at my lack of questions. He just nodded and I noticed that he was very slowly coming closer and closer to me. I tried to look like I hadn’t noticed and cleared my throat.

“Arianna, I was wondering… I want to take you out somewhere. Maybe, you know, dinner and a movie, a typical date and later perhaps… my place?” He was too close now, like, not-friendly-close and over at the beach I saw Drake jump up from his towel and marched towards us, the anger clear as the sky.

“Cameron, I have a mate,” I said, looking at him as if he was an idiot for even asking that when he knew that, too.  Well, he was an idiot. And I was kind of hoping he would walk away before Drake got to us.

“I know,” he said, shrugging. “You just don’t seem so interested.”

“Still, he’s my mate,” I said matter-of-factly. And of course I was interested, gosh, who wouldn’t be when it was Drake? Okay, anyone said that about their mate but still, it was true.

“Well you shouldn’t be with him just because nature put you two together. You should either be with him or not be with him, it’s up to your feelings.” I felt his hand low on my back. I grabbed his hand and pushed it away-