Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I was sitting at the edge of the beautifully made double bed when I heard his voice, causing me to almost fall down on my butt. I looked up at his beautiful face, my heart skipping a beat. What was I going to say? I can’t pretend I’m still angry with him, because I’m not. That will be stupid and childish, but I still have no idea of how to act now.

“Drake… What are you doing here?” I asked quickly while pulling down my dress. It was a little weird just standing there and having him roam his eyes over my body, lingering on my legs. I could even see his eyes turning slightly yellow, meaning he was getting excited – if you know what I mean -. I cleared my throat hoping it would bring him back.

It did; he shook his head, his eyes back on my face.

“I could ask you the same,” he said.

“Jessica was just showing me around.” I looked everywhere, trying not to look into his eyes or I’d drown in them and he’d get the wrong message. He nodded, also looking around. Awkward situation, I thought, sighing. Why couldn’t he just come and wrap his arms around me already?

ARIANNA! What the hell was that about?!

Shit. Okay, my wolf is taking over control. I needed to push her back and control myself and her, crazy as she was.

“Arianna,” Drake said suddenly, shutting the door behind him as he slowly walked towards me. I wanted to sit down again but I knew it would be harder to move if he’d come to close.

“Look, I’m just gonna go-“

“You need to stop denying it.”

I was about to walk away but his words stopped me. I turned to face him – my heart going too fast – and gave him a glare.

“So this is all my fault?” I said calmly, not wanting to fight again. I didn’t even want to argue or anything but he was not going to put this on me, no way.

Now he was glaring at me, annoyed.

“Stop doing that,” he said. “You always think I’m blaming you. You know I’m not doing that, you’re just using it as an excuse.”

“And what excuse is that?” I asked. “Hm?”

“Oh come on, Arianna. Lighten up!” Drake said, quickly but smoothly taking my hand in his. Sparks shot up in my arms and I resisted the urge to go straight into his arms.

“Lighten up about what?” I hissed quietly. “This is hard. I didn’t want a mate for real until you showed up! This is not easy. Do you know how hard it is to pretend to be angry with you when I’m really not?”

He smirked.

“So you were pretending?”

Drake.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry.” He dropped the smile and looked serious again. “Please just… give me a chance to make it up to you. Please.”

I let out a breath, not knowing what to do. Of course I wanted him! I wanted him all the time but it didn’t mean this wasn't hard enough. I wanted to see that he wasn’t going to get angry all of a sudden again and tell me off. I wanted to see that he was real.

Looking into his eyes I knew that whatever I chose it would end up being him. I knew that I couldn’t live knowing I had rejected him. Because I wanted him in my life and he was my mate.

I let go of his hand and walked a few steps forward, passing him. I was going to say yes, I knew that. But then what? We make up now and then just… what? Walk around like nothing ever happened but at the same time not be together? I mean, it’s just plain weird and painful.