Chapter 24: Nerves.

Until this very moment, it was a joke. It was still supposed to be a god damn joke. Was it? It wasn't? Truth to be told, it wasn't a bad thing at all, it was just early. Not too early, but early for a two people that were at the age under 23. Hanna believed so. However she wasn't scared for Amelia as much as Amelia currently was. She knew, she was going to be a good mother to her child but she saw where was it coming from. Amelia grew up with a mother that was everything but a mother. A human being that was supposed to love her the most ended up hating her the most. But everyone who knew Amelia, knew that she loved with her whole heart, a child of her own shouldn't be a problem at all.

Maybe she was scared to tell Julian too. Hanna tried to understand and put herself in Amelia's place. Would she be scared to tell Leon. Of course she would, but there was Julian. Not a man that Johan was. Julian was everything that Johan could ever dream to become. Nice, caring, gentle, polite, little bit stubborn and a hard nut to crack but he was loving. And he showed it in more ways than anyone would think it was possible. If Amelia was afraid that he will go away and vanish at the first mention of child then she was wrong. She was too wrong to think that.

Leon didn't react the same way Hanna did. He didn't remain calm or composed. With his eyes wide along with mouth, he stared around like nuts. Coming from a guy that was around the same age as Julian, that was a huge thing. Maybe little bit too huge with the amount of hours he spent home. He didn't think the same as Hanna either. Yes, he was aware that Julian loved Amelia more than the life itself and that he would accept death in fraction of a second if it came to saving her own life, but a child was something that needed more attention than anything. There was no doubt that Julian would love that child too, but would he stay there for her. Leon had respect for his friend, but that didn't give him enough reason not to worry about his other that had been through a lot of stuff in her life.

But Amelia, she, couldn't even think straight. There was so much that was going in her life at the moment, was she really ready for this all. Julian, how was he going to react to this all? How was she supposed to tell him that she is carrying his child? Wait for him in front of the doors and tell him. "Hey, you know, I'm pregnant and forced to drop everything we planned for a while." She was no bright side in this all, however the child itself was a bright side no matter how huge her insecurities were or how much questions she had, she was going to have her child. She was going to be a mother.

Amelia's heartbeat picked up, as if it was beating with complete and utter joy. In that smallest moment, in that smallest piece of second, fraction of infinity called time, she felt complete. She felt like everything in her life was now complete, no matter the circumstances. A smile stretched wide on her face, it was impossible for Hanna and Leon not to smile back at her. Amelia didn't just smile. She laughed loudly, so happily you could actually hear it, feel it. Feel her happiness.

Even her doctor smiled, and left the room where three friends were sitting. To her it looked more like a family, but whatever they were, she was glad that young Amelia Beck had all support in this all and hoped that father of a child will soon be there.

"Three weeks?" Hanna asked slowly, making Amelia go beet red in her cheeks.

"Around Christmas." Amelia avoided their curious looks, trying to get rid of the furious blush from her face. She never really had problem with talking about it because they were always joking about it. But now, they were quite serious about her sex life.

"You pervs." Hanna shook her head with a soft giggle. "How are you feeling?"

"Surprised-"

"I wouldn't be with the number of times you two did the oh so called frickle frackle." Leon cut Amelia off, with remarkable response.