Chapter 9: "You're always there"

Amelia sighed out as she sunk deeper into her chair feeling the tiredness trying to overcome her. The whole day she had spent decorating the apartment for Hanna's and Alice's arrival. Mostly because it was Alice's birthday and they wanted her to have a good one. After all, she was finally leaving her teens and entering the somewhat true adulthood. Amelia never understood nor grasped the concept of happiness because entering the adulthood although she did save her own ass after aging to the certain age.

Amelia was happy that she had the help of the three boys. Her brother Lucas, Leon and Julian. After all those two footballers were one of her closest friends she would give her life for. Not only she was tired. All of them were and there was still more job waiting for them. Yet due the tiredness overwhelming their bodies, Lucas crashed in the guest room and Leon went home leaving already mentioned Julian and Amelia alone.

The formed tension, that happened roughly two weeks ago, was almost gone. Actually it was completely gone and once again the two were acting like they had never had a fight. Amelia somehow and unknowingly walked over the fact he hid things from her, and he apologized dozens of times making sure that she wasn't angry. It was a true relief that she wasn't otherwise he would be eaten away by the passionate guilt.

Julian was sitting on her right, checking the list they wrote and crossing all the things that they had finished doing. Cake was made, barely but made. Decorations were set the only thing waiting were the rest of the snacks and drinks that Leon promised to bring on his way there. Some small details needed to be added and the whole things was set for the party.

13th July, a hot summer night that made their blood boil and sweat spill unwillingly. It was almost brutal to do anything that the party preparations required but they had made it and now the two were sitting and resting trying to catch some oxygen that filled the empty space.

"It had to be summer." Julian groaned as his head fell down, his chin touching his chest lightly.

"I think this is the hottest day so far." Amelia whipped the sweat from her forehead and pulled her hair in the messy bun. Really messy bun or something that looked like it.

"I think so too." He nodded his head slightly. "So, I'm picking them up tomorrow?"

"Yes." Amelia reached for her phone opening the notes and searching for the time of plane arrival. "She said that they should land around...5PM"

"In a different circumstances I wouldn't mind the sweat but this is just outrageous." Julian spoke clucking at the end of the sentence.

"Different circumstances?" Amelia asked curiously, wondering what was going on in his mind.

"Yes."

"Please, do share."

"Well football practice, gym, orrrr....." He laughed making Amelia to choke on her spit when she realized where he was going at.

"Julian Draxler you sick pervert." She stated with dark blush, invisible due the darkness in the kitchen, making his laugh harder.

"In didn't say anything." Julian put his hands up defensively.

"Don't you play that game with me, Draxler."

"Which one hmmm?" He teased her knowing that it made her somewhat uncomfortable and plus her reactions were purely hilarious.

"Oh god." She said poking his sides with her foot. "Pervert."

"I'm just messing with you." Julian grabbed her foot to prevent her form tickling him wanting to hide the fact he was rather ticklish.

"I know, I know." She laughed along with him not wanting the silence to fall upon them two. Moments like this were treasured by her. She loved those moments where there was on two of them, taking about irrelevant nonsense just to keep the conversation alive. She loved the sound of his voice and how soft his whispers were when he tried to be considerate in the middle of the night. Even in the dark, his eyes shined the brightest and it was peaceful. Neither of them was in a hurry or had something to do. Just two of them exacting words and ejoyed the peace they feel around each other. "If Lucas heard you, he would have been mortified."