Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A/N I’d like to once again thank my friend Ashley for making this amazing cover! It’s epic yea? Vote comment fan ~Mik

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Lelah’s POV*

“Liam what were you thinking?” I yell at him. I can’t believe we are going to die. They are going to eat us. It’s over.

“I didn’t realize this was your car!” He whispers back in anger.

My hands wander around the back seat until they find a soft fabric. I can tell that it’s a sweat shirt. I raise it to my eyes and wipe the shampoo off of my face. I open my eyes to see Liam looking around worriedly as the biter’s start to get closer.

I look back at the seat to see that there is a pair of sweat pants too, and shoes. What the heck? Well I don’t know who left it there, but I thank them. At least we have some type of luck.

“Liam don’t look, try to keep the biters away. I found some clothes back here and I’m going to change.” I say frantically.

“I’ll try.” He says worriedly. He turns his back to the car and I immediately rip the towel off and change. It’s hard but I manage. I hop out of the car to see a frantic Liam, fighting off the biters, and not very well.

“Liam follow me!” I yell to him.

He looks back at me, fear gleaming in his eyes.

I start running as fast as I can towards the way we came. I take a quick glance back to see Liam sprinting, about 10 ft. behind me.

“You’ll have to catch up because I’m not slowing down!” I yell to him.

I hear his pace quicken and before I know it he’s running right beside me.

A biter runs out in front of my and I lift up my foot and push is to the ground. I then pound my foot into its head. The goop seeps out of the head and around my sneakers. Yuck, I attempt to shake it off and the sneaker flies off my foot. I can’t go back for it I have to catch up to Liam. I set my eyes on him and run as fast as I can. I eventually catch up and we continue running.

We keep running full force for about 20 minutes, dodging biter after biter. We need to find a car, because I’m starting to burn out. Adrenaline can only take you so far. I look towards Liam to see his hair soaked in sweat, and he is panting. He looks towards me and I give him a reassuring smile. At that moment I feel something very sharp go into my foot. The pain is so excruciating. I cry out in pain and Liam immediately runs back to me, and picks me up.

“Liam we need to find a car now!” I yell at him, tears streaking down my face, what ever happened to my foot hurts like hell.

He stops and looks around. What is he doing? They’ll catch up to us! Before I can say anything to him he’s running towards a car. We are just about to reach the car when he trips and falls. He lands on top of me crushing me. “Liam get off!” I yell at him, as he rolls off a biter gets on top of me, his eyes burn with hunger.

“Liam!” I scream, and I try my hardest to get this thing away from me.

“Lelah I’m kind of busy!” He yells back to me.

“Well can you just glance over here for a sec I think you’ll find that what ever you’re doing isn’t as important?” I say with venom.

“Oh well I kind of, OH MY GOD Lelah!” He shouts. I can feel the biter being ripped off of me.

“Thanks.” I say under my breath. If I wasn’t hurt I probably could’ve taken the biter out, but given the current circumstances I’m glad Liam is here.

I attempt to stand up and as soon as my bare foot hits the ground the pain comes back ten times worse than before. I start falling, but Liam catches me. I look up at his eyes to see a lot of worry. Once again those big brown eyes don’t look so bad, in fact the look kind of pretty ‘STOP! Lelah! We have been over this, get a grip!’ I think to myself.

“Is your foot ok?” He asks me as he picks me up and jogs over to the car.

“About as ok as anything else in this hell hole.” I reply back. He chuckles under his breath and opens the door to the back seat.

“No I’m driving.” I say as confidently as I can. “I know some where safe, at least for the night.” I say frantically.

He gives a loud sigh before opening the driver seat and setting me in; he closes the door and jogs past the front of the car into the passenger side.

I look down and realize that Liam has already hot wired the car. Wow, wonder where he learned how to do that. My eyes wander over to my bare foot covered in blood. I lift up my foot to get a good look at the bottom of it and there is a big gash in the bottom. It most definitely needs stitches, but we don’t have any of the supplies. Hopefully my foot can hold out long enough to get to where we need to go.

I put the car in gear and start to drive towards the only safe place I know.

I just hope the others have had it worse than we have. I know it’s bad to think, but they left me behind, they all deserve everything that I have gone through, an eye for an eye right? I know someone had to tell the others to leave, someone the girls would trust enough to have abandoned their best friend.

All I know is that when we find the others they are all getting it, and I know just who should get hit the most. Harry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well my lovelies my offer stands, 20 votes and I’ll do a Harry POV as an extra update on Saturday. You do want to know what happens to the others right? *Mysterious eyebrow raise*

I know I didn’t update yesterday, so I tried to make it longer and more action packed to make up for it. Hopefully I did.

So updates will be every Tuesday from now on, if not more.

Vote Comment Fan ~Mik