Chapter 2: Piano

(The video at the top will be useful later on)

Nezumi's POV

"So! Do you want to be friends?"

I stood still for a second while i processed the question in my head. He wants to be my friend? This little slightly cute white haired air-head wants to be my friend? Wait did i just say he's cute?

"Nezumi? Helloooooo~" i just then realised that Shion was waving his hand in front of my face trying to snap me out of my daze. I looked at him and coughed a bit into my hand.

"Yeah whatever..." I said into my hand while looking away slightly.

"Yayyy!" Shion started jumping up and down like a little kid until he looked at me and calmed down a bit.

"Sorry haha its just i don't really have many friends " he said scratching the back of his head.

"Tsk your weird" i said with a small smile on my face.

"Waoh!"

"What?"

"Its just i haven't actually seen you smile yet! Its nice when you smile" he said with an innocent smile.

I blushed a bit and coughed into my hand again to hide it as best as i could.

"Well i have to go now... I will... See ya round i guess" i said while turning on my heel and slightly waving behind me"

"Ok! Il see you round!"

- Timeskip brought to you by Levi's cleaning products -

It was late and as far as i knew, everyone was already asleep. I wasn't feeling too great and my mind kept swirling around with all these different emotions.

I have to choose a wife

Who is this Shion guy?

Why did i blush?

I couldn't take it anymore. I got out of my bed and left my room as quietly as possible. I was just on my way to get a drink of water when something caught my attention.

I could here sounds coming from another room on the other side of the hall. As far as i knew, that was the music room. I slowly walked up to the door and took a peek inside. I saw a certain white-haired male sitting at a piano with his hands ready to play something.

- (Play the video above now) -

When the song was over, Shion sighed and slowly started to get up. By then, i had already entered the room (as Shion was so into his song he didn't notice). He started walking towards the door where i was leaning.

"That was quite a sad song, was if for someone?" I said. He quickly looked up at me with a shocked expression.

"W-w-when did you get here?" He said pointing a shaky finger up at me.

"Just before you started the song, and you didn't answer my question."

"Oh... Its just a song that reminds me of my family, they used to play this song all the time to me..." He stroked the keys on the piano gently and i could see the sadness in his eyes.

I slowly approached him and put my hand on his shoulder. 

"You can tell me" i said in the softest voice i could possibly pull off.

Whats wrong with me? Why am i being so nice to him?

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the piano bench where he sat me down and he sat next to me. Quite close actually.. But for some reason i wasn't really complaining.

"My family was killed by a terrible virus that spread throughout the whole of our town. I was the only surviver but it left me with this white hair and a red scar that runs all down my body. My hair was brown before. Even to this day, i sometimes wish that i should have died with them. I don't want to be the last surviver!"

By this time, he had tears running down his face and i could see him biting into his lip. I got up and knelt down in front of him while holding both his hands in mine.

"Don't blame yourself for surviving. And never ever say that you wish to die."

He looked at me with red puffy eyes and squeezed my hands while he put his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Nezumi."

I don't know what came over me. Making friends, smiling, blushing, and then performing an inspirational speech? That wasn't me, was it? Its like my body is moving by itself, but I'm not making any effort to stop it because it just feels right.

I held onto his head and let him cry into my shoulder until he had calmed down a bit and brought his head up to look at me.  He smiled and wiped a stray tear that was still left on his cheek.

"By the way, i never asked what you were doing in the kitchen this morning?" I asked tilting my head to the side a bit.

"Oh i work here! I do all the cake baking" he said smiling like an idiot.

But it was that smile that made me feel the way i do.

To be continued!