30-♪-Just Give Me A Reason

♪-Chapter-30

*unedited, proceed with caution

                                        Right from the start

                                       You were a thief

                                       You stole my heart

                                   And I your willing victim

            I slip quietly into the house. It was now 8:33 in the morning and I had spent the night at Teegan’s…again.

            All was quiet in the house and when I look at the kitchen, a half empty brewer filled with coffee sits there vacantly with a couple dishes in the sink. My parents were already gone for work.

            Creeping up the stairs, I glance to my right to see Carmina curling her hair.

            “Why are you just coming home?” She asks me, spotting me through her mirror.

            I shrug and she narrows her eyes at me. I wearily rub my brow, tired. “I had to do some chores. Unlike some people..” I mumble the last part.

            Carmina ignores me, applying mascara to her thick lashes. After that, she situates her bikini that I just noticed.

            “Going somewhere?” I ask curiously.

            She scoffs at me for a moment, her startling blue eyes piercing mine. “yeah, the beach, to hang with friends.”

            “Well,” I say. “Be careful…”

            She rolls her eyes. “Thanks, mom,” she snaps, brushing past me to leave the room.

            I sigh and make my way to my room, tossing my bag into the corner and grabbing my iPod. I hear the door slam below and the reviving of an engine.

            Plugging my ears with the ear buds, I fall back onto my bed playing the new track Teegan recorded for me.

I let you see the parts of me

That weren't all that pretty

And with every touch you fixed them

            It’s been a week since Teegan and I “got back together”.  We were still getting used to each other again and even though there was still a bit of awkwardness in the air when we talked about his…deafness, I was beginning to get more situated to the situation.

            I wasn’t accepting the fact that Teegan could possibly lose his hearing but I also wasn’t turned off my Teegan just because he was losing his hearing.

            The more I thought about it, even though I feared the day he would lose his hearing, never once did I think about leaving him because he was deaf. Yes, I was scared and unsure of how my future would play out but right now, Teegan needed me and if in the future we broke up, it wouldn’t be because I didn’t want to go out with a deaf man.