25-♫-Guardian Angel (part 2)

♫-Chapter 25-part 2

            “Get out. Get out now!” She screams at me, grabbing me by the elbow and pulling me up.

            “Mom!” I cry. “You can’t make me write the song if I don’t want to.”

            “You’re not my daughter,” she spats, dragging me down the hall. I sob, trying to pull away.

            “You’re hurting me. Stop!” I scream. Her other hand clutches the song book Teegan gave me and even though she didn’t know Teegan or what the book meant to me, she knew that it was important to me.

            As soon as we enter her room, my heart drops as she drags me to her balcony.

            “You’re selfish. Ungrateful,” she screams at me.

            I just continue to cry, I wanted Teegan. I had left that time of perfection as soon as I left san Diego to return home.

            “let go of me!” I roar, ripping myself from her grasp, she falls on her butt as I collapse on the floor.

            She grabs my ankle.

            “You’re the older sister. You’re supposed to help your younger sister!” she screams at me, trying to drag me to the balcony.

            “miss!” I hear a male voice ask. I see a man in his thirties rush to us. “what is wrong?” he asks, panicked and trying to separate us. She pushes him away ignoring him. Standing near the ledge of the balcony, she clutches the book, holding it over the edge.

            “Mom! Don’t” I cry, lunging for it.

            “I hate you! Die!” she roars as she tosses the book, I lunge for it, jumping off the ledge.

            ~*~

            I bolt up into a sitting position, tears streaming down my face and breathing heavily.

            Sobs racked my body and sounds kept coming out of my mouth, I clasp a hand over my mouth but I couldn’t stop.

            Shaky breath after shaky breath, I kick the tangled covers away, the pitch dark swallowing me.

            It was just a dream I try to calm myself.

            But I couldn’t stop sobbing. It felt so real. My heart pangs painfully as I grab my sheets in fistfuls.

            I was back home and Teegan’s absence was taking a toll on me.

            My parents and Carmina had returned home and were sleeping down the hall, but their presence did nothing to comfort me.

            I wanted Teegan. I needed him.

            My body shakes uncontrollably as I frantically run my hands around me trying to find my phone. Sobbing, I try to reach forward but just as I grab for my phone, I slip off my bed slamming hard onto the ground.

            Nobody even bothered to come check on me.

            Crying, I flip open my phone, pressing recall. The dial tone fills my ears as I press myself against the wall, my body racking with sobs, and my breath coming out in shakes. The dark was the worst. Everything in my dreams, my mother scream, my angry father, a gloating Carmina- they were all in the dark, mocking me.