Chapter Ten

It was a day later before Emilia let me out of my bed. When she came back a few hours later, I had felt a bit light headed, which made her postpone my release. I didn't mind, though. Luke stayed by my side the entire time, keeping up light conversation and some to-be-expected kissing. 

     Standing back on my feet, after what now felt like an enternity laying down on the bed, was more of an adventure than I care to admit. There was a lot of tumbling and losing my balance, but after a few moments, I was able to compose myself and stand myself up straight. 

     Luke held my hand, leading me out of the doorway. It was like I stepped into a historical movie. The hallway was long and majestic, with deep gold and red drapes on the far side window and high rise corridors. I let out a small, surprised gasp. Luke turned to me and let out a small smirk. 

     "I told you it was old. We tried to keep the public areas as close to the original look as we could. Any bedrooms, though, are decorated as the occupant pleases." He informed me, pulling me in to kiss my cheek. I heard silent whispers and soft rustling from down the hall, but couldn't place the sound with a sight. Luke sighed, and rested his head on my shoulder. "Don't mind them. They are the pack children. We told them to wait in the playroom, but they obviously didn't listen." 

     "Wait for what?" I asked. He looked up and into my eyes. 

     "For you. To meet their new Luna." He told me. I blinked, but soon after a smile bloomed across my face. 

     Just then, the door feel open, followed by child after child falling over each other and tumbling across the hall. They were all laughing, though, a deep heart-felt laugh. I couldn't help but smile as I watched. Then they froze and looked up at the same time. They stared at me, their faces excited and energetic. Luke growled playfully. They jumped. 

    "We're sorry, Alpha Luke!" They immediately apologised. He let out an exaggerated sigh and draped his arm over my shoulder. 

     "I suppose I should forgive you. We are in the presense of your Luna." He told them, while turning and planting a soft kiss on my cheek. A series of "Yew!" ensued, though Luke only laughed. I laughed with him, wrapping my arms around his lower torso and returning the kiss with one of my own on his own cheek. 

     One little girl, a petite brunette who couldn't be older than five, ran over and wrapped her arms around my right leg. I was shocked, and honestly didn't know what to do. I never had this response with a child. I blinked, and slowly bent down and picked her up, not knowing what else to do.

     "What's your name?" I asked her, looking into her sparkling blue eyes. She smiled, but was shy and hid her head in my shoulder. 

     "Clara. Clara Goodwin, Luna." She said into my shoulder. I felt other small arms wrap themselves around my legs and my waist as I saw the other kids follow Clara's lead and latch onto me. I laughed and looked over to Luke. He seemed geneuinely happy, which in turn made me feel the same. 

     "Well, Clara. It is an honor to meet you." I told her, pulling her in for a hug before placing her back on the ground. Luke's hand found mine and I looked back to him, to see his gaze had shifted back down the hall. I followed his eyes and saw others standing by and watching me. Grown adults of all ages. When they noticed me watching them, they all bowed their heads in respect to me and I smiled in return. 

     Luke pulled me to his chest, engulfing me in a tight embrace just as the children let go and ran back over to their parents. "They adore you." He told me. I blush. 

     "How can you tell?" 

     "They saw how you acted with those children. I could hear their thoughts through the mindlink. They couldn't hope for a better Luna." He told me, not letting me go.