Chapter Two

"Come on, Anna! The girls are going to be here any minute!" Kristen yelled from downstairs. It was the next morning already, and Kristen was bound and determined to prepare me in every way possible to meet her friends. She hadn't brought up the pack meeting when she found me awake last night, but I didn't expect her to. She knew I needed time away from packs. 

        "I'm coming," I replied, trudging down the steps. She convinced (Forced) me to borrow a pair of her black denim skinny jeans with a cute floral top to match. She dolled me up with a dab of make up, but t least allowed me to wear my black flats instead of her heels.

        She clapped her hands when she saw me, a wide grin lighting her face. "Girl, you look amazing!" I couldn't help the blush that crept up to my cheeks. I wasn't used to compliments of any kind, so this came as a shock to me. 

        "Thanks. You do, too." I told her awkwardly. She just laughed and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the house and to her driveway. Within the next minute, a silver convertible with it's top down, parked in the spot next to mine, thuroughly shaming my car to the depths of disgrace. There were four other girls already in the car. All three passengers were blondes, while the driver was a brunette. All of them were gorgeous, but that is to be expected, for they come from Werewolf blood. 

        "Hey, Kris! Is this Anna?" One of the blonde girls announce, opening the door for us to climb in. Kristen nodded enthusiasticly. 

        "Yup! Okay, Anna: This is Kylie," She pointed to the girl who opened the door. "This is Ashlen, she pointed to the driver, who was smiling widely at her and her startling blue eyes shining. "This is Bree, and this is Laura!" She pointed to the other two blondes, both adourned with light brown eyes, though their similarities stop there. Laura had a slightly wider face, whereas Bree had a sharp, thin one. "Guys, this is Anna!" 

        They all said there hello's, all smiling. It seemed surreal. So many people, friendly people. This was nothing like how I grew up. 

      "We better get a move on before traffic hits." Bree advised and with that statement Ashlen started the car and we were on our way to the mall. 

        Kristen's words held true, for the first thing out of Ashlen's mouth once we reached the mall was: "I wonder what stores Aaron shops at?" 

        They all groaned. "Don't start this again!" Bree exclaimed, throwing her hands up in defeat. 

        "What ever are you talking about?" Ashlen replied slyly, before skipping ahead of them into a department store. We all followed reluctantly. 

        The shopping day progressed, filled with playful banter and jokes. It was fun. For once, I felt like a part of something, of a group. 

        We decided to eat at the food court, despite Laura's protests--But I'm a vegitarian!--and were found some seats relatively close to the next store we plan to shop at. 

        "Honestly, Ash. You've never met the guy. How do you know you want him to be your mate? What if he's a douche?" Kylie questioned. Ashlen stopped for a second, thinking. 

        "I don't know. He's hot. Is that a reason?" We all laughed. 

        "So is Luke Clearman." Kristen piped. Ashlen rolled her eyes. 

       "Yeah, but he's..." She looked around and leaned in. "But he's mental. I don't think he sleeps! He just works out!" 

        It was our turn to roll our eyes. "Yes, but if he works out, then you know he must be strong. Strong men are good in be-" Laura began but was cut short by Bree.